Do you use emulators?

Now that Super Nintendo systems are considered rare antiques, I have to rely on emulators to get my nostalgia fix. There's really no other way to play the original versions of Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, and Chrono Trigger! It took a long while to get used to the controls using an emulator, but with a good USB controller the feel isn't too far removed from the original.

Reactions: Mark Mulkeen
I used to always play Pokemon on Nintendo Gameboy and Super Smash Brothers on Nintendo emulators. For some of the older classic titles I feel emulation is great to keep the legacy of these games going. Unfortunately they have never received mainstream support from publishers and maybe one day we will see more of this and less of, "Right new console generation - better make sure none of the old gen games will work!"

Yes I've used emulators for various things. I've owned a lot of consoles and it's nice that a lot of them work well on the PC. I like reliving my youth so I'm fond of the Spectrum and Amiga Emulator. It's a great feeling to know that when the technology has come and gone, we can still have access to these machines that played a fun part in our youth. When I was in college, my friends talked about Resident Evil all the time. It's great how years later providing you own the game, you can relive that without too much hassle

I used a PS2 emulator to play the God of War series and Okami. I did have to wait a while until they improved the emulator so that the games would run properly and without graphical artifacts.

I'm also using Dolphin from time to time to play Wii games but that's very rare.

Emulators go way back! I can remember using them when I first got online in the late 90's. The problem with emulators--at least at that time--was that they were notoriously unreliable. Many were in beta stages at best, and crashed frequently. You couldn't use current console programs (at that time PS1), because computers were not fast enough to handle them. At least mine wasn't. It was still a great way to play classic games, for awhile. I did grow tired of the program cutting my games off all the time, and I eventually quit using them altogether.

I don't but I've been wanting to get back into playing some dreamcast games. So much games out there to play and master. Dreamcast was laid to rest to early. I still believe it could live another year or so.