Do you think kids play games too much?

There is this theory that kids nowadays don't spend much time outside as they used to, but I don't agree with it, because I myself have grew up with a lot of video games and can say that my childhood was spent the best way possible. I used to balance video games and outside with my friends, this way I didn't miss out on anything. Smartphones are kinda annoying, because a lot of children outside focuse on them, but from what I see everyday they still do usual activites we used to a long time ago.

As I observed these kids, I do think they are really getting much time on playing virtual games. It really saddened me somehow because most of the kid I know doesn't engage on social playing. They are more likely go with virtual games. Instead of playing real basketball, they would play using virtual machines. When I was a kid, I do remember playing dodgeball with my friends in the street. Physical playing and socializing with other kids will make your young life meaningful as you grow old.

Yes! I have seen a lot of youngsters even has their own gadgets to play with. But I think it is still up to the parents how to handle their children. I believe parents should also encourage their kids to do outdoor activities nowadays to stay healthy than letting them isolate themselves at home with a gaming device. Same goes with adults. :p

If you leave kids alone to play video games as they desire, they will play video games and sleep on it. You can't blame them because they don't have any problems worrying them. It's the way of kids.

I remember playing outside a ton when I was a kid. I just don't see it as much any more. I see so many kids playing video games. PC games, consoles, even on the phone while walking through a store. Of course, it's up to their parents to supervise it.

I know my kids could get carried away at times as well. I've had to make them do other stuff, so I'm not judging other parents. I just wonder if many kids can really unplug these days.
Well, speaking from my own personal experiences, yes kids play video games a little bit too much than a regular adult unless it's an adult who plays video games as a job. I used to play up to 6 hours or more when I was a kid.

I wouldn't say that kids play games too much as some kids do still head out and do more than just play games. I would go as far as to say that video games do help keep children inside at times when you would not want them out and about and it does help to keep them safe as well now.

All too often you hear of kids getting involved with gangs nowadays or involved with other issues that could be life-threatening, them being able to stay in and play games keeps them away from all that and it also helps mental health a lot too.

I would say that gaming is fine as long as it is done in moderation and does not become addictive for the child.

Under normal circumstances, kids are supposed to play video games a lot more than adults. What are they worried about? Nothing, so they have all the time to play any games they want.