Do you think kids play games too much?

Well, I think in the 80s, when we were growing up, this was out version of tv addiction. We just couldn't stand not watching the telly. If we part with it for a few seconds, it's like a lifetime. That is their generation's version of that addiction. Every generation has theirs. Soon, when they're all grown up, a new kind of culture will rear its ugly head.

To be honest when I was younger I would play on older games all the time, I still remember playing Super Mario Brothers with both my mam and my sister. It was a great experience and while it day take about three full days of playing to complete it we managed.

The sense of satisfaction and teamwork we got from it I would not have been able to get from a traditional game. Board games are difficult because my mother has a very sore back and my younger sister has such a short attention span it's shocking. Outdoor games are also almost impossible because of the hight and size difference and the previously mentioned bad back.

I think as long as the kids in question are not being bullied and are socially sound (you would be shocked at how much my people skills increased when dealing with trolls on League of Legends) then why not. Physical health is a concern but that can easily be accommodated by say having the children play with motion controls and simply walking them to school.

Nah. You have to do what you enjoy. Some of these kids will grow up to create these games. Others will use the imagination they've gained through playing to put towards other uses. And besides: they're fun! And playing games is better (and safer) than some of the other alternatives, right?

Kids nowadays play too much video games they don't even go outside to play. I remember when I was 8 years old, playtime was mandatory and we all went out to meet up with all the neighborhood kids. Nowadays, things are different and kids are either busy playing video games indoors or chatting on social media.

I remember playing outside a ton when I was a kid. I just don't see it as much any more. I see so many kids playing video games. PC games, consoles, even on the phone while walking through a store. Of course, it's up to their parents to supervise it.

I know my kids could get carried away at times as well. I've had to make them do other stuff, so I'm not judging other parents. I just wonder if many kids can really unplug these days.

Well it is really very disturbing why other parents is letting their child to play to much games on different devices. Letting them spend too much time in online games can do a lot of impact on their social skills. I prefer my child to be playing outside with their friends instead of letting them inside our house and just focusing on their tablets or game consoles.

I remember playing outside a ton when I was a kid. I just don't see it as much any more. I see so many kids playing video games. PC games, consoles, even on the phone while walking through a store. Of course, it's up to their parents to supervise it.

I know my kids could get carried away at times as well. I've had to make them do other stuff, so I'm not judging other parents. I just wonder if many kids can really unplug these days.

They are kids and on that note have less or nothing to worry about as their responsibilities are taken care of by their parents or guardians, so they are left with more time and chances at their disposal to play as much as they please unless hunger or sleep gives them a pause from gaming.

I can remember vividly when I was still a teenager, I can practically play for more than 13 long hours without taking a break and I don't show any signs of getting bored with the games. But getting older changed everything.

I've got a kid brother that is addicted to playing too much that to an extent I wonder why he is acting in such manner and all that. But if we take a look at how we behaved as kids while growing up, we could see that we had that drive as well. I mean when I was a kid, I could play to the extent of missing my lunch and it got so serious that my dad will always scold me, yet it didn't get to my ear till I became a little older now and understand the need not to play too much.

I feel like being able to engage in both is healthy. I played video games as a kid but also did plenty of outdoorsy things as well - which is probably what I'll expect from my own kids, too. I think that maybe parents whose kids aren't outside as much live in areas where getting outdoors and enjoying nature is harder (inner city environments for instance) but I think gaming is also a great way that kids can use their imaginations and be creative. Sometimes gaming gets a bad rap when I think as long as you are engaging with your kids (parents playing games with their kids is wonderful!) then I honestly think it's fine.

As I observed kids now are becoming addicted to play video games weather in computer or mobile phone, it is mainly because of the social media that influence them and to the increasing accessibility by young kids to gadgets and other gaming platform. The only problem here is the too much addiction that might lead to serious problems later on. I have a neighborhood that his kids are already using an eye glasses because of too much playing video games, it damage his eyes at a younger age of 10 years old. I can't really imagine having some eye problems at a younger age because of this advanced gadgets. That is why it is very important that the parents supervise thier kids properly to avoid further problems later on because eye problem at a young age is a serious problem.

I don't see the kids playing too much as a big problem. We should let them play and enjoy their childhood to the fullest. It is a way of their learning and it develops their social skills. However if that "too much" goes to the point where they do not pay much attention to eating and even sleeping is a different case. We should talk to them at least do your best to let them know how important it is to take care of themselves.

Yes. Kids nowadays are getting hooked up on gaming even at a very young age. This is primarily due to the advances in technology and the increase in number of gadgets where you can play games.
Around 1990's, there were only few game consoles available in the market. Your phone can only be used as a phone. But these days, people can even play at their phones or tablets.
Another reason is that e-sports had become very popular and now kids are greatly influenced and gets more attracted to gaming.
Parents should always guide their children regarding this matter. Some kids have already poor eyesight because of the frequent exposure to video games. In addition, kids too attached to gaming have less physical activities and sometimes can forget to eat timely and these can affect their health. Moreover their social skills can also be affected if they are only inside their room or house doing only video games.

Definitely yes. Online or computer games to be specific. Kids nowadays doesn't want to play outside the house anymore, they much prefer to be a couch potato while playing their favorite games on their tablet or mobile. No wonder there are many cases of malnutrition and obesity nowadays.

Kids playing games at this desperation and time is not really something that is bad because it helps spike up their cerebral activity which is good for the brain, many kids don't know how to socialize but they are able to meet friends online through a gaming platform which helps them at along run to engage in social interaction and mingling with children of like minds, all this children needs is that they are guided by their guidian or parents what ever the case may be, and also put in mind when guiding that what ever is done in excess is abused, and getting good results may be truncated.

Kids playing games at this desperation and time is not really something that is bad because it helps spike up their cerebral activity which is good for the brain, many kids don't know how to socialize but they are able to meet friends online through a gaming platform which helps them at along run to engage in social interaction and mingling with children of like minds, all this children needs is that they are guided by their guidian or parents what ever the case may be, and also put in mind when guiding that what ever is done in excess is abused, and getting good results may be truncated.

Kids playing games at this dispensation and time is not really something that is bad because it helps spike up their cerebral activity which is good for the brain, many kids don't know how to socialize but they are able to meet friends online through a gaming platform which helps them at along run to engage in social interaction and mingling with children of like minds, all this children needs is that they are guided by their guidian or parents what ever the case may be, and also put in mind when guiding that what ever is done in excess is abused, and getting good results may be truncated.

I think some kids definitely do, but technology has been just a normal part of everyone's lives that it's already part of a kid's life to occasionally spend time with a mobile device or computer, but it's important especially for younger ones to be monitored and also have at least limited time on their devices.

Yes, my siblings are veey addicted to playing games. Whenever I wake up and go to sleep, they always use phones and tablets for gaming and watching videos. Generation today are very into video games and they are not interested anymore in playing outside their houses.

Kids nowadays are more into playing games that going outside and play traditional games. That's why more parents are managing their kids gadget use. In my opinion its a great way to discipline their child without taking away the fun with gadgets. Like they said, everything that is too much is bad for your health.

nope, not as much as I did when I was young, I don't really think that kids today are playing games, maybe very young kids like 3-5 years old who likes Ipad and mobile phone games but when they started to grow older, they just want to hang out with their friends and stuff.

as a mother to young kids I think kids play games way too much.School work is really suffering now because of video games.I have made it a rule now games are only played after dinner that way home work is done before they play their games.

This is the question that most of the parents have in their head, the answer is yes. Technology, PC and cell phones are accessible and our kids don't know when t stop that is why the parents should take action and set a program for their online activity because too much activity on a PC or a cell phone can harm their health and development.