Do you think about you the games you play

Profit5500

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
I have always thought about the games I played in a sense. I just made sure I did not take the things I had seen on screen into real life. So I always have to remember to that games are there for entertainment. When I would play Unreal Tournament 2004 I would just go and imagine what it be like to compete in a huge virtual world with all sorts of weapons at your disposal. I would never play out what I would deal with in the videogame. I just make sure that when I play violent videogames I leave my frustrations within the game. When I played a game like Final Fantasy 10 I would think about wanting to live life at a place like Kilika. Does anyone think about the games that they play?

I think about the games that play pretty often. Sometimes, when I'm hanging out with my friends and we are just walking down the street, I may give them a random shoryuken out of nowhere (not with the intent of hurting them of course). I may also recite some random line from a Final Fantasy or something. Video games are something that are on my mind a lot.

Yep, not only I think about the games I play, but I often dream about them as well lol. This usually happens when I spend long hours playing, that night I will continue to do it in my dreams. :D

Reactions: Bawonn
I have always thought about the games I played in a sense. I just made sure I did not take the things I had seen on screen into real life. So I always have to remember to that games are there for entertainment. When I would play Unreal Tournament 2004 I would just go and imagine what it be like to compete in a huge virtual world with all sorts of weapons at your disposal. I would never play out what I would deal with in the videogame. I just make sure that when I play violent videogames I leave my frustrations within the game. When I played a game like Final Fantasy 10 I would think about wanting to live life at a place like Kilika. Does anyone think about the games that they play?
All the time.I find myself visualizing about what could happen if i had all those powers and the endless possibilities that would come with amassing such huge powers.But i get realistic and tell myself it's just a video game.

All the time.I find myself visualizing about what could happen if i had all those powers and the endless possibilities that would come with amassing such huge powers.But i get realistic and tell myself it's just a video game.
Having those powers would really come in handy too lol. I often think of being able to fly to work. I mean you can be glad to be invisible in terms of taking some food from Walmart lol. I would dream about being in a world like Final Fantasy 10 using Sin to get to another world but then Sin would wipe out everything lol. Going around and fighting against chocobo eaters and marlboro's that blind and poison you is awesome. Being a barbarian going around and fighting monsters in the Diablo series is quite the adventure.

I experience something similar whenever I play GTA for too long. I start to imagine everyday life as being GTA or at least I just fantasize how it would be like. At times when I'm just walking in the streets or I'm stuck in traffic I wonder what it would be like to just steal a random car or suddenly being able to bring out a rocket launcher.

I played all the Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver games from beginning to end, and I still don't know how long it took me to finish any of the games! Most certainly, this franchise of games did change my whole perspective on life and history, because it's storyline delves very deep into the history of humans, almost like how LOTR was written J.R.R. Tolkien as a fantasy story describing the history of man. I resonated with Raziel more than Kain, because Raziel was a character written to be inquisitive, foolish, curious, not arrogant, and resilient against the odds he faced, which Kain was like a bull charging through everything and ask question afterwards. It's one of the best action-adventure games I've ever played and I recommend play at least one of the games.

I think that this happens with everyone. More, sometimes I am not even at the computer when I realize how I can progress in a part of a game that I've been stuck at.

I think about many games with rich universes, like Halo, Final Fantasy, Bioshock etc. You always wonder how the storyline could have been different from the game's path.

I think about many games with rich universes, like Halo, Final Fantasy, Bioshock etc. You always wonder how the storyline could have been different from the game's path.
Final Fantasy 10 universe is cool to think about but I also liked the Final fantasy 13 universe too. Seeing Lightning in action is always great when playing. I too wonder how the storyline could have been different from the sequels too.

I have found that sometimes you can understand why the character did this or that and what motivated it, even though it was wrong makes for a good story of you trying to get to the bad person. I like how the graphics and controls are improved with each game, and how sequences happen and makes it more enjoyable and nice to watch and play the game and feel like a part of the game when seeing the good visuals. I think sometimes have wandered what it would be like to play the villain part but they may require a couple of discs to do that.

I think in a lot of games especially RPGs you need a sense of the game and the character you are playing. When you do this it gives you a better playing experience. It helps you to completely lose yourself in the game, even become someone else for a while. I guess a little like acting in a movie would do for someone. For RPGs this helps because you need a good mindset to do things in game, find secrets, play to your fullest potential to beat the game.

Yes, I do actually think about the game I'm currently playing and I feel anxious to get back home and resume my play session. Not in a bad way, of course. For instance, when playing Grand Theft Auto, I don't feel like going outside and hurting people. I just feel glad that something's caught my interest and I want to spend more time playing.

In this sense, I think everyone thinks about games in that way. Thankfully, most people know the differences between fiction and reality and not to act out certain things. If you're thinking about the game, especially in role playing games, then one of the points is for you to be immersed into it's story; it's up to the player to know that it's just a game when all is said and done though.

Yes, I often find myself doing this actually lol. And I see no harm done in doing it.. I mean why not take yourself to an awesome virtual world for a little bit then this crappy reality. lol. Sometimes I play stupid online games just for entertainment though and I could care less about those ones it is when I play the good games that I can get into it.

Yes, with games and with TV shows. When I get into something that's all I'll have in my mind until I get bored of it or something. I think this happens to everyone that watches/play something for an extreme amount of time :p

Interesting how our mind continues at night to do the same thing as we did during the day, so gaming is no exception of course lol.

I think about the video games I play, even when I am not playing them. This seems to be more so during periods of extended video game playing, such as long weekends of binge playing a new game. During times where I go without playing video games, it does not seem to happen as often. I usually think about strategy, or what I am planning on accomplishing next in the game.

I actually do think about the games I always play. Having a huge imagination, I often visualize what would happen if suddenly, there would be a zombie attack/apocalypse. It's pretty cool to think about these things. It's kind of scary as well.

Yes sometimes I am thinking for the games that I am playing as if it is very important to me. I just wonder if what would be the new updates that will arise in the future for the games that I am playing. I like it to improve as much as possible so that more people would play such game. I am also thinking on other similar games that I can find as alternative whenever my current game had been phase out or not available anymore in the market.