Do you still buy PS3 games?

hanseung

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
I only have my beloved, outdated PS3 and I saw a new Singstar for $34 at JB HiFi the other week, so I had to buy it. I believe it's called Singstar Ultimate Hits and it has quite recent, popular songs included on the disc, like the infamous Let It Go from the Frozen Soundtrack. The whole aesthetic of the game changed as well, and it looks a lot neater. I'm not sure why the game was only $34 when they used to be priced at at least $100, though. Is that because not many people buy PS3 games anymore? Do you?

I think it is because the PS4 games are out and people are buying those. It also can be because the game has been out for so long it was discounted or the place you bought it from was trying to get rid of it so they priced it lower. I don't own a PS3 but there are plenty of games I would love to play on there.

On occasion. They're still releasing games for it! The Evil Within has a PS3 and 360 version, and upcoming games like Dragon Age: Inquisition will have its past-gen versions too.

Plus, it still has a whole bunch of games that I haven't played on it yet. Since it's considered an old console now, i'm sure a lot of games will get discounted, and that's great for me and my wallet!

There's no reason not to. They system is still well supported. Not to mention the online for the PS3 will never be turned off. PS Now pretty much assures that since the PS3 games on it uses the same severs that their PS3 brethren do. As long as worthwhile games come out for it, I'll continue to be a customer.

Well, I sort of have to. I mean, there aren't a whole lot of PS4 games out there even if I could afford the arm and leg that the console costs. I think I'm going to do what I did with the PS2 and Ps3 and just wait until there are more games out for the Ps4 as well as a lower price on it's used consoles.

I would think that's mainly due to all the ps4 hype right now, and people shifting their focus to that, but I'm not sure when I will even get a ps4, personally, so yes I still buy ps3 games and probably will for a little while at least. I don't think there's any good reason not to, even if you are interested in the ps4.

Sometimes when i'm searching for a new game to play I'll end up looking for PlayStation 3 games to see if there is anything that I missed but other than that I typically go for newer games. I just like to see if there is something different or something that can hold my interest past what I would find in a typical game I've played before. There's always a game out there I haven't played and sometimes I like to go back to see what they were.

I haven't got a reason not to. I still buy ps3 games when I get the chance and if they're something that might grab my attention. There's plenty of games I haven't been able to even play yet, so the fact that there's still a variety of games to choose from is pretty sweet. The eventual upgrade to ps4 will come, but there's no doubt that I'll enjoy every bit of my ps3 until then. Even then, I'll probably will go back to it from time to time.

Yep still play PS3 regularly as I have not bought the PS4.

Same here. I bought the PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP basically on launch day, but the PS4 I have yet to pick up. It looks like a solid system, I just don't game as much as I used to, and I also realize that whenever I get a console on launch, it usually doesn't get serious play time until a year or two after its been out. When I first got my PS2, I played my PS1 most of the time. Same when I got my PS3, I'd play PS2 games most of the time. PS3 is still going strong and a lot of the PS4 games can be purchased on PS3. Maybe when the next Uncharted comes out, I'll make the jump.

I don't no, after moving to PS4 i've basically only bought PS4 titles. I just picked up a $20 game for my 360 though the other day. It was the Tom Clancy's Triple Pack. 3 games for $20 it's kinda a steal. :D

That said, The only title I still need to buy for my PS3 is Tales of Xillia 2. Otherwise, I go full current gen with PS4 game purchases. :)

I buy used games at rock bottom prices. I will not buy at retial. That's just ridiculous. So much being sold at ebay even at your nearest video rental shop has used games for sale.

I still buy PS3 games as it's still not outdated and the graphics still look good to me, and as you've mentioned, games for it have gotten very cheap since the release of the newer consoles. I think I'll still be buying games for this console for a while since I will probably hold off on buying the new console until they build up a good enough library and I'm also waiting for price cuts.

Sure I do. Mainly things that had been on sale on the PlayStation Store, over the past 6+ months.

Such as, Ni No Kuni, The Walking Dead season 2, The Wolf Among Us, etc.

I know for sure that I'll be getting a lot of use out of my PS Plus subscription and I will be buying Kingdom Hearts 2.5 and the new Tales of Xperia II (though it's not so new anymore). It's good to have the PS3 around though so that if there is a game that you just can't play anywhere else, you will have the means to do so.

I still buy games for my ps3, I recently bought GTA 5 and I have to say, it is great. Furthermore I am looking forward to Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires and the new Saints Row. Despite the high prices for newer games I do not regret buying any of them so far.

I buy the games when they are cheap, and on specials which is real great as they are usually at the Electronic Boutique store which is on special. I do buy Ps3 games which I have not played before and usually read about the game and graphics which look good on the game. When games have a good story and, also sound and controls and look good than they are worth to buy them.

Quite the opposite, I sell my ps3 games while theres still a demand out there, I generally don't do much console gaming, but the games I have for my ps4 are sufficient to keep me entertained, so trying to turn my idle old gams into a bit of profit.

On the contrary, this is the BEST time to buy your PS3 games online. They are ridiculously cheap. You just have to be sure you know what you're buying. Madden 10 is not going to appreciate in value.

When Wii lost its mojo I started picking up games at quarters on the dollar. Mario games at that. I turned those around in a couple years.

I haven't bought PS3 games in a very long time. I simply didn't use my PS3 often and with owning a PS4 in recent time the use for it has gone even lower.