Do you remember you first ever computer console or system?

Victoria Langley

Registered
Mar 8, 2015
Come on show your age here, or at least how long you have been gaming :)

I was just reading though another topic about older consoles and I was trying to remember what our first games system was, I think it was the Acorn Electron. It had a tape deck that you put cassette's in that contained the games not music, they looked identical though.

The tape plugged into a keyboard and that plugged into the TV or a spare portable TV.

I remember playing a game that I can not remember the full title of but it had weevils in and you had to try and get up piles etc and get to the escape doors without any of them catching you. I used to spend hours playing it but I honestly can say it you presented me with it now I would not play it.

Do you ever get shocked when you realise how far gaming and computer technology has come on?

Technology has come so far, and I am not that old. My first system was a Sega Genesis. I do remember when dial up internet was a thing though. It was so painful to wait for AOL to boot up. I do not miss the loud noises it made when trying to connect to the internet. We are all in such a rush now a days because we are so spoiled by technology. The newest generation would die if they had to wait for dial up on their phones before they could get on Twitter or Facebook. Could you imagine?
My first computer game was Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego. I miss that game. Also, I played Oregon Trail a lot growing up.

I had a Nintendo Entertainment System back in the day, and then a SNES. I had a Genesis, and then a Sega Saturn. I've owned tons of consoles over the years, and I have owned a handful of older computers that looked like dinosaurs back in their golden days.

The first game console I played was the Sega Genesis when I was about 5 years old. I remember playing games such as Sonic and Mortal Kombat with my cousins. I really loved that game and I would buy one today if I saw one for sale.

I think where gaming has gone today, makes one appreciate the games of the past because no matter how realistic today's games are, the gaming of the past is just something to be in awe of because that experience of playing a video game for the first time is just magical.

My first computer was a Commodore 64, complete with cassette tape storage and the couplers that attached to the handset of a rotary phone. This is where I first learn and grew addicted to programming because, holy crap - you can change the code and alter how the game works?!

My first console was an Atari 2600, and the first game I played was Skydiver. After that was the classic NES and it was all downhill from there.

Attachments

• s_SkyDiver_2_zps97733986.png
    s_SkyDiver_2_zps97733986.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 1
  • {0F01C5F2-4BBC-4594-A9BD-EE3A713DFA7E}.jpg
    {0F01C5F2-4BBC-4594-A9BD-EE3A713DFA7E}.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: henry55
My first handheld console was a Gameboy Advance, I had loads of hours spent playing Pokemon.

My first game console was a Pong machine. I remember it came with a sniping rifle and my father, my brother and me used to have shooting contests every night when he got home from work. When I look back I wonder how we had so much fun with such a simple little console. Graphics just weren't that important back then.

My first console was a Famiclone (a semi-pirated NES-on-a-chip console with pirated roms and romhacks on it) when I was around 5 years old or so. My first PC was an OLD, old, discarded 286 from my aunt who bought it way back in the 80s for accounting.

Mine was some Dell machine. I was like 10 and my mom bought it for work so it was very slow. It had Windows XP and I remember being so amazed at how much you could do with it lol. I played Minesweeper all the time and I still suck at it till this day :D

I had some kind of factory built computer that my family shared when I was a little kid. I don't even remember the brand so that's sad. But my first personal computer was a Dell brand, then a Toshiba, and now it's custom built.

I think the first console we had was Super Nintendo? Or was it Playstation? It's been some years and I can't remember all the facts of my childhood that well. I DO recall playing Super Mario Bros. and that other Mario game where it looks like a stage play. (Can't remember the title of it for the life of me!)

However, I ALSO remember playing Soul Blade on Playstation years ago. It still boggles the mind that I'm older than the PLAYSTATION! I grew up with that system and the graphics grew up along with me! It's insane! I'm only 23 and I'm older than PS!

My first game I ever played on a PC was in school. It was this typing speed game thing where you type words for points. Lol. Those were the days

The first console I had was a PSone! Love all the games and was pretty much the gateway for me being a Playstation fan throughout my life

PC gaming first, playing Mortal Kombat. Never owned a console until I got a Wii in 2007, then an Xbox. Now I'm back to PC gaming after building a new desktop, and haven't looked back.

My first computer system was back in 2000. I think it was a Gateway AMD athlon CPU with 256mb of RAM. Back then it was a beast!!! Eventually I added extra RAM, 512mb of RAM. I grew out of that computer in a few years as soon as the games required more resources and DDR RAM was the next big thing.

My first computer system was back in 2000. I think it was a Gateway AMD athlon CPU with 256mb of RAM. Back then it was a beast!!! Eventually I added extra RAM, 512mb of RAM. I grew out of that computer in a few years as soon as the games required more resources and DDR RAM was the next big thing.
Where did you bought the Gateway computer from? I could remember the first computer we got was the 486 DX1 33mhz which was back in the early 90's. It was when dosgames were the current trend in that time. Later on my dad helped me built my Pentium 4 2.4ghz ( I upgraded it to 3.4ghz later on) with 256mb of ram ( upgraded that to 2.5gb). Sadly, that computer is obsolete and no good so I am borrowing my dad's i3-2350M 2.3ghz laptop for what I need.

I'm not sure which we had first (it might be that one console was released before the other but we had the other first...) But I remember having: NES, SNES, Famicom, PS1 and SG-1000. Then we had a pc (it was IBM) under a dial-up connection. Internet was soooooo slow then >A< But I loved the games then, the games on the console (especially Solomon's Key :):):) -it was the best, although I admit it was frustrating xD) and the offline games -Jumpstart, Legend of Kyrandia, etc.

Ahh... The good ol' days :) :D

PS1 was my first console. Its still my favorite platform, although I don't play it too often anymore, might just be the memories. I played Spyro and Crash Bandicoot more tahn any other games in my life.

I think my first computer was a zx spectrum! Then I upgraded to a zx spectrum +2 with a tape deck attached. I think its safe to say that the gaming world as come a long way. And thank god for that!
After that was a Sega master system, then megadrive...I could go on and on and show my age but I won't!