Do you play Minecraft?

Djordje

Registered
Dec 2, 2014
As the title says, do you play Minecraft? If yes, What gamemode do you usually play? Do you play singleplayer or multiplayer mode?
I usually play in a factions server with a lot of people, because it's really fun. You go search for a base to raid and also fight some players. I sometimes also play Kitpvp where you choose what armor to wear and play. So It's basically like deathmatch mode.
What about you?

I used to play multiplayer Minecraft, but the server closed down. Thereafter I just didn't feel like starting over, now I just play Terraria whenever I feel like playing Minecraft.

I used to play Minecraft with a friend. We built an awesome map, with multiple bases connected by a complex underground minecart system. It was really fun at first, but I got bored pretty quick. I might give it another chance sometime though.

I mostly play minigames online with random people, or parkour servers with friends. From time to time I host a server on my own pc whilst playing, though that's always a bit laggy. I do play singleplayer sometimes, but it get's really boring after some time, so I rather play factions then.

I still play Minecraft every now and then, but really rarely and for short periods of time. Two years ago, though, I was playing it religiously with my friends online, or even solo. I remember building ambitious castles and towers in survival mode.

Now, sadly, the constant things they add make the game a bit too complicated for my liking.

I feel like playing Minecraft is similar to malaria - after you initially contract/download it, you have flare ups from time to time. :)
When I first got it, I played it relentlessly (this was when it was still in beta, I guess), and got really involved in a group server, etc. Then I wandered away from it for a while ... and they updated it so much when I came back, everything was different. I've repeated that cycle three or four times now. Sometimes you just gotta dig, I guess.

I've never tried Factions, though. Might have to give that a shot at some point.

I used to, like all the time.

I kind of want to mod it up again and start streaming it. Maybe get Thaumcraft and Mystcraft and go on magic sorcery adventures.

I have actually never given the game a chance. Not sure why. My PC is capable of playing it, and it is free. Plus I have a group of friends that play it (at least they used to). Just by looking at it, it doesn't really seem like my cup of tea. But I can't really knock the game until I try it. I don't mind the graphics one bit, it's just the gameplay that seems a bit dull, but the game has a huge following, so there must be something to it.

I've played a bit of Minecraft but usually after a short period of time I get bored with it. It's just not my thing, but I totally understand the appeal with it, and I think it's a perfect game for people who have never played games before to start.

I've played a bit of Minecraft but usually after a short period of time I get bored with it. It's just not my thing, but I totally understand the appeal with it, and I think it's a perfect game for people who have never played games before to start.

You shoud try playing online with your friends in a skype call, that's really funny, and makes the game way more interesting. If you play singleplayer it indeed gets boring, so I recommend you to play multiplayer anyway, even when not in a skype call.

I played for a bit, and it was nice. I got to express a bit of creativity and battling monsters was fun. I just got bored after a while, and it didn't really interest me as I first played it. However, I guess it would've been more fun if I joined other people on a server. I'll definitely try it out!

Actually I have never played Minecraft before. Now that you have brought that to my attention, I will make sure to check it out. There are several new interesting games to check out that time is never enough. I will make time for this one.

I will play every once in a while with friends or acquantances, but singleplayer is mostly dead to me. Not that it isn't fun in its own right, it is, but I just find that I have less time in the day for gaming, and so I would rather use it on other games. I will definitely say it is one of my favourite games to play with friends.
Creative mode can be really fun if you're into that sort of thing. I have a friend who's really into the whole "designing new things" part of the game, and he can play for 7 or 8 hours straight. I can't do that, I think, with any game, but the potential is definitely there, if you're into it.

I tried to play it on the PlayStation 3 just once or twice. Unfortunately, I quickly got bored of it since it wasn't as interesting as everyone had made it out to be. If someone is playing it though, sometimes I'll sit next to them and watch. It's strangely far more fun to watch people who enjoy the game build things than it is for me to play it myself.

I feel like you guys are going to judge me a bit for my reasons. :( I did play for a little while, but it wasn't much fun because my friends were not interested in the game. I feel that playing Survival Mode, with friends I know in real life, would have made the game way more fun. Another reason I disliked it was because of how blocky everything looked. I know that 64-bit games used to look that way, and I know you can mod everything to make the graphics look HD, but there are limitations. What I like about Minecraft is that you can build whatever you want, but I'm just not a very creative person. I'd rather play a game with objectives that are clear, like Skyrim. I'm sorry if I offended any Minecraft fans!

Yes I play Minecraft, and it is one of my favorite game, if not my favorite. I usually play survival mode when playing alone, and when I play multiplayer I am usually on mini game servers which is not necessarily in the creative or survival game modes. I am not a big fan of PvP, but when I do I tend to use a bow and shoot peasants from afar. :)

Reactions: Tycoonie259
Yup, I've been playing Minecraft for a couple years now. I played vanilla for the longest time, because I had no idea there was any other option... but eventually I started going on servers with games like hide and seek, hunger games, and so on... they're pretty fun. Other than that, I tried to play Tekkit but I had absolutely no idea what I was doing... there were too many new recipes and not enough documentation to help me figure it out, haha.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
Yup, I've been playing Minecraft for a couple years now. I played vanilla for the longest time, because I had no idea there was any other option... but eventually I started going on servers with games like hide and seek, hunger games, and so on... they're pretty fun. Other than that, I tried to play Tekkit but I had absolutely no idea what I was doing... there were too many new recipes and not enough documentation to help me figure it out, haha.

Yeah indeed, I'm 'afraid' to get started with tekkit too, so I mostly stick to Minigames. The thing is that I currently don't have the time to completely figure out tekkit, and for now, Vanilla / servers with plugins do the job. I know someone who also has been playing for a couple years, since the alpha I believe. I wish I was there back then, though I only started 5 months ago.

I never actually played it, not at all. I just seems like a huge timesink and very slow paced. At different points in my life, that would be fine, but not at the moment. I also don´t even really ´get it´ you just build stuff?

I used to play Minecraft and i found it pretty fun at the beginning. However, I felt bored after I had played for months. I loved playing the creative mode because I like designing and building things. ;);)