Do you play Emulator games?

Rowe992

Registered
Feb 6, 2015
So there are programs called emulators on pc that can as the name suggests emulate a game console such as the Nintendo 64, PlayStation 2, Gameboy and many others. I have played a few games on the Nintendo 64 emulator and it just bring back memories of the Nintendo 64 especially when you have the 64 controller for pc. Anyone else play emulator games?

I have a collection of emulators on my old laptop...that sadly broke. I usually play Gameboy advanced and DS games. I had fond memories of playing Harvest moon, Chrono Trigger and Rune Factory.

For Playstation 2, I played Persona 3 and 4. Odin Sphere was also up there in my list.. Somebody just gave me copies of emulators and plan to play Earthbound. Needless to say, Earthbound...an epic game...was not part of my childhood. I long to finally play it.

I don't play these sorts of emulators, I have some PS1/PSP games that I bought which are emulated on the Vita officially, I don't like the whole idea behind them and I don't really like old-style graphics/games so I've never felt the need to go about it.

I actually played a few emulator games, and still play them every now and then. There are a few really fun old games out there, that don't have a PC version, and because I don't want to fill my house with a ton of old consoles, I usually use emulators. For me it's not about the graphic it's about the 'fun factor' so I still play a lot of older games, including some that can be played only with the help of emulators.

Yeah, I do play on emulators quite frequently. Both on my phone and my PC, actually. Right now I'm around midway thru SNES' Shin Megami Tensei on my phone.

I really wanted to get a PS1/2 emulator running so I could play through Legend of the Dragoon again and then try out Fatal Frame 2. Unfortunately I've never been able to get one to work properly.

Oh yea I spent a lot of time playing games on emulators. Probably why I preferred desktop more because of the notion that eventually every console will end up with an emulator. I haven't checked for a while now but I'm expecting a lot of new stuff and advances.

The main emulator I use is the GBA/DS emulator for mobile phones, so that I can play Pokemon on my phone. Generally I find Playstation or Xbox emulators to have much more performance issues, probably due to their higher graphical requirements.

Well I see a lot of persons also use emulators to play games. I have been hoping to see a xbox emulator some day because I would really love to play some xbox games on pc. I have tried the psp emulator on Android and it worked well so I will use that for now.

I run emulators on my PC so that I can play old games I have in what's left of my collection or revisit old games I used to play.

I have played on emulators also on my PC. Game consoles that I have emulators of are the PS 1, PSP, and Gameboy. These are only earlier game consoles because my PC is a little bit low-tech and couldn’t handle to emulate PS 2, Gamecube, and the like. I actually appreciate and thank the makers of these emulators because they give us the chance to relive again our memories of playing the games we played as kids. Right now I am playing PS 1 games like Digimon World 2, Suikoden 2 and the Final Fantasy Series. For the PSP, I am playing Tekken 6 for my practice in battling in arcades.

I've only used the emulator on the PC to play some of the games I used to play and maybe some of the newer games I don't have the console for. I've really liked the megaman games, and I've been slowly replaying those when I have time. I've tried pokemon on emulators, but I think I prefer them on GBAs/DS for some reason. I have a friend who has the pokemon games emulated on to his phone and I see him constantly on that game whenever he has time :p

I love to use emulators for netplay. Since I don't have that many friends, and those friends that I have live in other cities in my country, it is a great way to play some classic games together. The last emulated game I've played with my best friend was Diddy Kong Racing for the N64, and while it took us quite a lot of time to get the netplay to work, it was so worth it.

I've got emulators on both my PC and my smartphone. It's absolutely amazing that you can play a ton of games from previous console generations whenever and wherever you want. Has anybody tried playing MGS3 on the PS2 emulator for the PC? I remember trying it at a friends house and everything was good except for a pretty nasty input lag (we were using a gamepad similar to the PS2 one).

I really wanted to get a PS1/2 emulator running so I could play through Legend of the Dragoon again and then try out Fatal Frame 2. Unfortunately I've never been able to get one to work properly.

What was the problem? modern emulators are quite easy to get running, especially for PSX. I think we can help you here. :)

ive been heavy into ps2 emulation, since ive never played all these great games everyone talks about.

currently playing Onimusha 3.

btw, has anyone ever gotten a ps3 emulator working?

I have an emulator on my phone for DS Games, I love playing Phoenix Wright while waiting for appointments, but other than that, not really.

In some cases, the emulators play far better than an old console and disk/cartridge will, and I love using them myself. Some emulators are more stable than others, and some won't play certain games properly. As long as I can get close to the original experience, then I'm perfectly happy.

Ahh, emulators. A few years back when I got my TI Nspire, the first thing I did was put an emulator on it. Now while I'm doing "math" in class, I'm actually playing the good old Super Mario Bros or some Fire Emblem. I also play some DS games on my iPad, just because I've never owned a DS, but always wanted one. I've tried PlayStation games, as mentioned above, but they always were a little wonky.

Yeah. I have a n64 emulator on my computer. Brings back so many memories lol.