do you pay for games

Most new games are not free. They become free after they have been around for a while. Yes I can pay for new good games. I can't wait to play new games at whatever cost. Gaming makes me refresh my mind after a long day work.

I do pay for in-game aesthetics in the online PC games I play, but mobiles games, no, I don't spend money playing mobile games. I play mobile games casually, not competitively.

I always download free games and tell myself that I'm not going to make any in-app purchases, but I always end up doing it, haha. I don't usually buy power-ups or anything like that, but if you have to pay to unlock extra levels or something, I'll usually do it if I think it's worth the $3 or however much it costs. I think it's because if I really like a game, I want to keep playing it, but I get bored of doing the same levels over and over. Especially knowing there are other levels available.

I tend to buy non-free games if they fulfil two of these three conditions:
1. No in-app purchases.
2. Developed by someone reputable (There are exceptions to this, of course)
3. Recommended by Friend/Itunes
Otherwise it's most likely a money grabber.

Reactions: dillinger10
I tend to buy non-free games if they fulfil two of these three conditions:
1. No in-app purchases.
2. Developed by someone reputable (There are exceptions to this, of course)
3. Recommended by Friend/Itunes
Otherwise it's most likely a money grabber.
In-app purchases have really got out of control as of late. It has got to the point where if there are in-app purchases, I simply refuse to download/pay for the game. I would much rather pay full price up front so I can control the amount I end up paying for the game. To continually have to pay for upgrades or additional levels, gets old really fast. Worse yet, they used to be micro-transactions with minimal outlay needed, however, the in-app purchases these days seem to be getting more and more expensive.

How do others feel about in-app purchases? Is this something that makes you reluctant to download the game in the first place?

If you're rooted, there's an android app called Freedom that lets you spoof In-App Purchase. It works on most offline games, and makes you realise how shallow the games are, true Skinner Boxes.

*don't ask me where to get Freedom, I'm not recommending it*

Most of the time, I have to have a demo version. I don't buy mobile games out of habit, so it has to be something special for me to do otherwise.

I have never paid for games on my smartphone or my iPad, the only investment I have made is the precious time I devote in downloading the App and spending mind numbing hours playing. I am sure the time I have wasted could have been better utilised to do something productive. It is a lost opportunity and it doesn't seem like it is going to change either.

It depends, if a game looks really good and is from a company I know that makes good games, I'll buy it. I don't do freemium games though. I can wait a few weeks to save up.

It just seems kind of wrong for me to spend money on games that I only play when there is literally nothing else to do around me as a last resort. Then again, I have friends who play mobile games religiously, so I could understand someone forking over the cash for something. But, I doubt I'll ever be that person.

I prefer not to. I've never pay to download a game and I've never done any in-game transaction. Even the free games that I have on my phone are barely played, so paying to get more games would just be a waste of money and time for me. Generally, I just don't feel that it's worth it to splurge your money on a mobile game.

When someone gives me a Google Play gift card, then I consider buying paid games. Aside from that, no. There is a decent amount of free games to keep me occupied, so I don't really feel the need to buy games on mobile devices.

I have never paid for a mobile game in my life! I don't really play many mobile games, because most of the common reason. Kills the battery, small screen, most games are just time wasters, etc. Apparently there are some good mobile games, but they're aimed more towards tablet users, then smart phone users. But no, I don't pay for mobile games. I don't really see the point, honestly. :cool:

I'll pay for anything I think is worth it. It really depends on how well off I am financially at the moment, but I have so many games I want to play that I don't really need to spend money anytime soon. The value of classics...not enough time in this life...yet?

I have no problem paying for games I like. But I still try my best not to spend any money on mobile games. Because I don't see the reason to buy potions, life, hearts or other in game materials using real world money, i.e. I am not a fan of free to play games. I do buy games that require upfront payment if the game interest me of course.

sometimes i planning to buy games but theres a lot website that you can free download all games that you want its sound risky but if have not enough budget like me just do it on your own risk

you know guys im planning to buy games sometimes when i want to play but theres a lot website that you can free to download your desired games you want to play its sound risky but if you have not enough budget try this

I don't pay for mobile games, especially when there are a lot of free games out there of great quality.

I think I paid for one game for my phone and I regretted it straight away so just ended up requesting a refund for it. The best thing about Google Play is that you can get an automatic refund as long as you request the refund within an hour of purchasing it. After an hour, I believe it's a manual process. Not sure if Apple do the same with any game purchases through the App Store. After that, I made sure to never buy any games on mobile. I think that there are more than enough free games that are good enough to be enjoyed.

Guys, I'm a cheapskate. I don't pay for mobile games at all! If they have a few paid features, I just make it work without them. Sure, I get bitter, but I definitely won't give bucks away for a mobile game. Being a Nintendo fan is expensive, after all.

In-app purchases, particularly, really irk me for some reason, so I tend to flat out avoid games that rely heavily on them... Sometimes it gets way too in-the-nose.

This is why lately, I've stuck to mobile games only to relax; cute harmless games that prevent me from committing a crime at work, for example. Neko Atsume is the bomb.

Honestly speaking no. I love playing various games but I just wanted it for free. I am not interested for any amounts to pay just to pleasure gaming. The advantage only for those paying games is it easily upgrades your account or character.