Do you like single player or multi player content better?

Games like Borderlands or online MMORPGS, I have to play Multi. It's just better. There is more interaction, More going on and what not. I don't know why but it's always just better to play these games Multi. Don't get me wrong, I love my single player games but only for the games that are actually supposed to be played as single player.

Games like Skyrim or Batman? Yeah. Obviously, There single player to begin with but hey.....As for games like Borderlands and others that can be played either, yeah, Much prefer Multi-player.

Singleplayer. I like to know about the story more than to play with other people.

I guess it depends on what the game is. I actually love both single player and multi-player, because I love the fact that I can play alone and then play with someone. I mostly play my PC games with single player, because I am always on Sims or something like that. I do play Allods and Rift.

Hmm. I'd say yes, I love a good SP. I think multiplayer is often wasted. For example, lots of people try to play Battlefield in the same style as CoD, although BF is one of those games that reward a teamwork effort. It is just wasted on a community with an increasing number of "too young" players who can't grasp - or don't give a damn about the concept. And you rarely have 30 online friends you can team up with. I think there's a lot of potential in Co-op gaming though. Would love to see more of that. Nothing feels better than "sharing a game" instead of just shooting at each other mindlessly (or whatever else if not shooting).

It depends on my mood usually. I used to be able to grind any game, single player or MMO without the need of anyone else but I find it more enjoyable to have a person or two to play a game with lately.

Im a campaign man myself, and im often disappointed by the lack thereof.

that said, if a game is DESIGNED to be nothing but multiplayer, say LOL, then
they usually do a good job of it, and i can get in on that.

its when they attempt both and fail that really makes me mad.

Currently I am big on multiplayer games. You just can't program AI to react to complex situations in a unique and surprising way. It makes games more fun and exciting. But, it really depends on the situation. For example, when I was younger, I definitely played single player games more.

@Catalyst64 Well, not that I've played it, but new games like Destiny and Titanfall are trying to present some kind of "campaign story" in their multiplayer action, and there are always cases like Dark/Demon's Souls as well, that "mix" multiplayer with single player during their typical campaign.

I guess it won't be long until we see the first "true" full-story campaign in some multiplayer title. They say Destiny didn't manage to pull it off, but who knows what we'll see in the not-too-far-away future?

I'm more of a fan of single-player content, simply because I love RPGs, danmaku shooters and sims, which let me do as I wish in my own space. That said, the multi-player aspect is my favourite part of MMOs, so I become significantly more social whenever I'm playing one of those. I'm going to be building a new rig shortly after Christmas, and I'm hoping I can then improve on the PvP portion of games which I've always tended to skim over.

Do you have a strong preference, or does it depend on things like you're mood, how much time you have to play, etc.? I don't mind a little bit of single player stuff, especially if I'm cranky or don't have much time. Overall, I've had a better experience playing multi player content.

WoW just isn't as much fun when you're not playing it with others.
Certain games like C.O.D. and sports games are better in multi player mode, but I like playing single player games as well. I play games with my boys at home and there skill level is not that good for the most part.

I play mostly single player but it depends on the game. I used to play Fifa online a lot and I enjoyed it probably more so then if I was paying the AI. I like both but I think I prefer playing by myself because then I only have to rely on myself to have fun.

For the most part, I like single player games better. A lot of multiplayer content isn't as great as the single player. I really enjoy when a game has a multiplayer campaign that is done right. It has to be adequately difficult considering there are multiple players, but not too hard that it can't be done solo.

I like games where they split off the multiple people to do sections of the game separate. One game I played required one player to be helped up to the top of a ledge to go through some crazy puzzle and find a lever while the other one had to run off through a separate section to get to the other lever, each one having various baddies to defeat on the way.

I also quite enjoyed Portal 2's two player mode. I found it very fun, if not a bit frustrating at times.

I like to play both but it depends on what I feel like doing. For example I am bored and I would feel like playing a single player game. If I feel confident enough I would play multiplayer games like TF2. Which ever seems like fun at the moment would occupy my time for hours on time.

I play mostly single player but it depends on the game. I used to play Fifa online a lot and I enjoyed it probably more so then if I was paying the AI. I like both but I think I prefer playing by myself because then I only have to rely on myself to have fun.
I also prefer playing Fifa online as opposed to offline. It just feels more competitive and it is great to play against your friends too which adds another layer off fun to the game.

I am without doubt a single player gamer. If a game doesn't offer me something that I can do alone I will not play it. I have to enjoy it to. Most FPS games these days are only popular for their multiplayer game modes and I've pretty much given up on them. I do enjoy playing multiplayer, but if I didn't enjoy the single player portion I'm not likely to play its multiplayer.

I mostly enjoy playing single-player games, particularly games with a storyline. I do enjoy multiplayer, but I play singleplayer mostly. But, these days, developers are focusing a lot on multiplayer and leaving singleplayer behind, which is disappointing.

I mostly enjoy playing single-player games, particularly games with a storyline. I do enjoy multiplayer, but I play singleplayer mostly. But, these days, developers are focusing a lot on multiplayer and leaving singleplayer behind, which is disappointing.

That's true and I can agree with that. I would love to play new singleplayer game from company such as Bethesda (like new TES series game or new Fallout). The problem is, big companies wants us to pay them money regullary, like once a month. That's why they are releasing a lot of online games, instead of really good and quality singleplayers. Maybe it's all about piracy. Who knows.

I've never been a big fan of multi-player gaming. I don't have many friends who have similar tastes in games than I do, and grouping up with strangers on the internet always seems like such a gamble. I'd much rather prefer exploring a large world on my own!

Single player for me. Well, it would be a tie between single player and offline local multiplayer. I did online multplayer for awhile but just got burnt out dealing with punks. I am not really a competitive player anymore so I like playing games at my own pace.

Offline multiplayer is a different story. Playing with local friends are some of the best gaming experiences I have had. I am looking at you Nintendo 64. But this is a PC forum, so my answer is single player.

Single player content is important to me, but I also get a feeling every now and again to want some community time with people, so I'll go play an MMO shooter or RPG.

However, most of the games I own are single player games, and single player games tend to have way better stories than MMO games. Actually almost 100% of the time they do in my opinion, the only "story" I like in an MMO is World of Warcraft's story because there's just so much lore to be had.

I deeply enjoy SP games due to the story and the depth that most of them have to the game. It's deeply disappointing to see a SP game that's half-done and released with buggy features and barely a story, survival games non-withstanding for the most part. Mechanics are also a big thing too in SP games as I love to see what unique things developers can come up with for their SP games, and I love sharing strategies and stuff like that with friends and people on the internet.

MMO games are so, so different from SP games, as a lot of the time, most MMO games force people to play together when they really don't want to, or grind to outlevel the areas so they can solo them themselves... in which case they should be playing a SP game. However, a lot of times MMO games don't quite put together a system to fluidly put people together into groups to experience the storyline of the game and get loot. This makes for a frustrating experience for a lot of people who are anti-social. This is when Blizzard, World of Warcraft's developers, come and shine, as I'm pretty sure they developed the first auto-grouping system, their Dungeon-finder system. It's not without its faults, but it's extremely easy to run a dungeon without saying a word to anyone and get loot and go home. And this is only ONE facet of MMO games that I like. However, there are tons of other MMO games out there besides RPG games. There's survival games, shooters, just so many different things.

In the end, it's definitely a matter of personal preference for sure.

Reactions: Zyni