Do you like single player or multi player content better?

Zyni

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Do you have a strong preference, or does it depend on things like you're mood, how much time you have to play, etc.? I don't mind a little bit of single player stuff, especially if I'm cranky or don't have much time. Overall, I've had a better experience playing multi player content.

WoW just isn't as much fun when you're not playing it with others.

Most single player content only gets you about 20-40 hours of play time, unless it's something like a open-world or roguelike with more replayability. The most replayability definitely comes from multiplayer games, especially if they have a ranked ladder system, since it would compel you to play the game more to become better than other players.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
It really depends on the game, but most of the time I enjoy single player much more. This is partly because I am a loner, and I like to farm in games. However, if people I know are playing then I would love to play multiplayer with them! :)

I enjoy single player games and content much more than multiplayer. The only exception is things like 5-man dungeons in WOW when I am the tank and overgearing the content. Because then those other 4 guys are just like NPCs who I bring along while I do my thing.

That depends of the type of the game, though most games are the best when played in multiplayer. The thing is singleplayer often gets blend and boring, while multiplayer is never the same. I also like console games with multiple players a lot, like super mario world or so. Even now, I have 2 SNES USB controllers and an emulator on my computer for just the case if someone would come (though now, during the exams, that's not really a good time for that :( )

I like both equally, but I agree with the others who say it depends on the game. Something like Borderlands or Gears of War is much more suited to co-operative play, but stealth or horror games are meant to be a tense single-player experience.

I like both equally, but I agree with the others who say it depends on the game. Something like Borderlands or Gears of War is much more suited to co-operative play, but stealth or horror games are meant to be a tense single-player experience.

A multiplayer horror game? That's just entirely wrong! Though it would be funny too, when both freaking out like little girls and then laughing at each other because they were so afraid, though I never heard of a multiplayer horror game so far.

A multiplayer horror game? That's just entirely wrong! Though it would be funny too, when both freaking out like little girls and then laughing at each other because they were so afraid, though I never heard of a multiplayer horror game so far.

The Obscure games are a bit...well obscure but they're similar to the older Resident Evil's in term's of gameplay and camera. Then FEAR 3 and Dead Space 3, Cry of Fear. Even with these it's hard to make a game that's scary with friends, most are just shoot everything you see :eek:

Multiplayer without a doubt. I find that I lose interest in single player games very quickly because they're often quite easy to master without the added factor of human interaction. There's nothing quite like outsmarting a human opponent or simply destroying them with superior reflexes; AI gets extremely predictable when you know what to look for and how their triggers function.

I like games with an option for multiplayer, but overall I tend to like solo play since I have more control over the pacing of the game and the like. That being said multiplayer has its perks such as interacting with other people and doing fun things together. My issue with single player is that game play isn't that long these days and replayability isn't very high with a few exceptions like Skyrim.

I prefer multi-player the vast majority of the time, it is nice to have someone watching your back, or having someone help you do something. Another reason is that most of the time, single-player is based on a story that might be done in 20-30 hours, then you have nothing to do. Multi-player can last for hundreds of hours before getting boring.

I tend to enjoy single player the most since it gives me the most enjoyment. I only tend to like multiplayer if its free to play or possibly co-op. Single Player tends to offer deep story however multiplayer adds multiple hours of fun with friends. I guess it really comes down to what game you are talking about.

Both game modes have their own individual merits though if I had to pick one or the other, I would choose multi-player. Given that the majority of games I have been playing lately have been FPS or sports games, I have spent far more time playing multi-player, simply because of the competition aspect. Sports games can get rather stale and monotonous when playing single-player only plus I like the competitive nature that multi-player games have to offer.

If I just want to play a game to relax or unwind, I'll probably turn to a platformer and play single player.

I like them both equally. I enjoy the single player mode of a game so you can practice the game and its mechanics before you play with others. I always like to be a pretty good player if I can so other players don't harass me or call me a noob. :)

I like them both equally. I enjoy the single player mode of a game so you can practice the game and its mechanics before you play with others. I always like to be a pretty good player if I can so other players don't harass me or call me a noob. :)
I like it when people take the time to learn the basics of a game before hopping in to multiplayer. It's just respectful of other player's time because there's nothing worse than getting a guy who has never played before on your team that just ends up losing the game for you because of their inexperience.

The thing about multiplayer games is that I only play them because of my friends. If they're playing, then I'll play. If they don't, I will just quit the game in a heartbeat. I feel no motivation to play if I can't enjoy it with them. On the other hand, single player games usually have so many tasks for me to do that I'll be so preoccupied, time will just fly by.

I only play PVP on multiplayer, such as CS: GO or Insurgency's PVP. I don't like co-op games or playing as a team versus bots, because most of my friends don't play these games that I do, or they don't want to play co-op ones vs the computer, either.

For me it really depends what I'm feeling like. I love the sense of encapsulement and immersion I can achieve from playing a really good singleplayer game. But I have a competative side too and I love eSports so... I mean, they're vastly different.

I don't even really think you can compare the two, honestly. I love them both equally but differently. :)

I play the single player, as you do not have to be worried if other character dies or having to wait for other person to catch up to you and help you out in the game. I enjoy exploring in games, if it is possible and building cities and gaining wealth and doing mini fights and also enjoy seeing if anything was missed or revisiting a level. I generally like single player, as I can take my time and not have to wait around for other players when playing a game and enjoy the quite atmosphere.

Honestly, it depends on the game. I love games like Don't Starve but it's going to work out much better as a two player game. However, games like the Crash series or the Mario Bros. series are far less fun when more than one person is playing them.