Do You Like/Love To Read?

qadassa

First One To Buy The User Title
Registered
Dec 6, 2014
I sure love to read, besides playing the computer all day. But since I do play the computer mostly all day, I set aside 2 - 3 hours before I go to sleep to read my books. I just love reading been reading and playing video games since I was just a little child that could read. I just enjoy the relaxation you can get from reading. How about you guys?

I used to be the most avid reader you will ever see. Apparently even before I knew how to read I would "read" because I'd have a book in my hand and make up stories aloud. After I had my own computer and would use it for a while, I slowly stopped and got into fanfiction. I haven't even read that in a while. I wish I could get back into it because I miss reading them sometimes but I never find the time.

I am still very much an avid reader. Whether it be books, magazines or blogs. I still read more than my fair share of paper books to go with e-books. I am old school and have a pretty extensive book collection. There is something that just doesn't quite feel the same when reading an e-book. I like being able to physically turn the pages and actually hold the book.

I usually read online articles, magazines, and things like that. I know those aren't the most educational, but I do get some reading in. I have some music related book around my room somewhere that I will get into sooner or later thought.

I absolutely love to read. My favorite genre is military non-fiction; people always seem to be surprised that I'm fascinated with the more technical side of the military. But really, as long as it's a good book, I'll most likely read it.

I love to read! If I could spend an entire day at a coffee shop reading a good book, I'd jump at the chance. For those who feel like they don't have time to read, I highly recommend audio books. I know it just isn't the same without a book in your hands, but it really lets you multi-task! I can "read" books while commuting, doing chores, and even gaming! It's definitely a time saver.

I do love it. Lately I've really gotten back into reading a lot as I bought a few books for my kindle to start reading. I'm actually reading them on my phone because I left my kindle charger at school, but still it's fine with me. It's still perfect quality and I'm able to read fine that way. I've already read a whole book this year, Paper Towns by John Green.

I also love to read. I do not read as often as I would want to. Every once in a while I go to the library for a full day of browsing the fiction section. I pick a book that I am able to finish and sit back and turn those pages. When I was a young adult, I enjoyed reading romance novels. Every now and then, I read an eBook online to satisfy that craving.

I love to read Manga. If the regular books are interesting enough I would read them too. If I have the time that is.

I picked up reading again about six months ago. I usually read around an hour a day. There's a quote by George R. R. Martin, "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." I think that's true. I enjoy experiencing the worlds and conflicts that writers come up with.

Yeah, I read every day. Fantasy novels like the Kingkiller Chronicles or The Song of Ice and Fire are my favorite, but I also read classics like Dostojevsky or Dumas once in a while. It's nice to have something to read during the daily commute to and back home from school.

If the book is good. But I read newspapers/articles/blogs/etc more nowadays.

Growing up, I was more of a casual reader. However, ever since last year, I've gotten hardcore into reading. I started out reading Halo: First Strike, then I decided I should read Star Wars and since the Republic Commandos are like the Master Chiefs of SW, I figured I'd read that series. Got that and the Han Solo Trilogy for Christmas. Best series ever in my opinion. I love that series so much and wish that it would've received a completion. Ever since then, I moved onto the Han Solo Trilogy and just became a hardcore reader from there.

I've loved to read ever since I made my grandma teach me how to read because I was mad that another girl in kindergarten knew how to read and I didn't. I'm proud to say I've past that love and many books down to my daughter. It's so fun to watch her get lost in my old books.

Am I in the wrong place if I admit to preferring reading to gaming??

Anyhow if I am, my sincere apologies but I have a simple reason. Reading allows you to use your imagination in so many ways. I can pretty much guarantee that 2 people reading the same descriptive passage (say a passage describing natural surroundings) will have completely different pictures of what the writer is describing, simple reason being that we imagine everyday things according to how we've seen them mostly, which is different for every person.

I am a self-confessed bookworm. I totally love books. I hoard them. My favorite genres are suspense, coming-of-age, romantic-tragedies, historical, and memoirs.

Whenever the internet goes down, you will always see me reading a book. I am currently reading Fahrenheit 451 and I love it. Books let you imagine a world that is not even real. Like gaming in a way, but in text form.

I enjoyed reading until I came to college, the amount of reading we have to do is pretty intensive, so if I ever feel like reading, I know I have a lot waiting for me, and by the time I finish, I usually don't feel like going on, so I guess I like reading, but if I want to do anything else, I don't really have much time for it, aside academically...

I enjoyed reading until I came to college, the amount of reading we have to do is pretty intensive, so if I ever feel like reading, I know I have a lot waiting for me, and by the time I finish, I usually don't feel like going on, so I guess I like reading, but if I want to do anything else, I don't really have much time for it, aside academically...

Agreed. I used to love reading (think a book a day or even a book a night if I'm especially into it) but once you hit uni/college and you're forced to read dense textbooks, it loses a lot of the appeal

Yes, I personally enjoy reading, but nowadays I don't really have time for that. I usually read school lectures, but sometimes I find time to read books that I want.