Do you have a significant other?

Significant others are cool. ;) A piece of advice for attracting significant others: do not be as introspective as I was a few posts back. It's not cool. Although, a different kind of introspection--emo-introspection--seems to work on some people from accounts I have heard. :p

the_roach said:
Since when has words and promises spoken louder than actions? :p Taking what you just said, one can come to the conclusion that doing that doesn't entail 'marriage', as one can make a commitment to another, they reciprocate, they swear by it and verbalize it, and it's a done deal. It's just not sanctioned in the traditional sense through an ordained minister, in front of your friends and family, and what have you. If you happen to believe that way, then that's fine. I've spoken enough on this. I'll let this thing get back on topic.

It's tough to really describe the difference. There is a shift that goes beyond getting the title of "husband" or "wife". Maybe it's the security of having someone's pledge or the fact that you've sworn an oath before God, friends and family (or at least before God if you eloped). Maybe it's hard to grasp because now days someone's word or oath means little to them. I don't know how to describe it, but there's a difference. I think it's reflected similarly when someone is an ex-boyfriend vs. an ex-husband. Again, there's a difference.

Nope, no one for me. It's so hard right now to find a lady that can deal with some of my habits...like gaming. However, I know she's out there somewhere, and if she's reading this right now...get in touch with me!!! :) Even better if she's a gamer herself. Anyone for starting a MyGamer personals? Lol.

Well... I kind of see the relation between MyGamer and MySpace. Was that a conscious effort, with the community design here and the naming of the site? I get the feeling MyGamer was around before MySpace, but maybe not the name. So, maybe there will be a move towards "personals" in the future. :p

Jonas hit the nail on the head with his last post.....but with that put to rest, Spuds thinks a little too much....and watch your line posts, Spuds......Oh that's right, you're staff.....Sorry, thought you were in the running for the 360....haha......Yeah, significant others are really cool.....I really haven't been investigating the difference between obtaining a relationship now, as opposed to 6 years back.....I can say this, when you make that bond and you walk away for awhile.....it's crazy, but the old saying still stands true.....you never know what you had until YOU lose it......I still thought i could still survive without that special someone with me, considering the shitty relationships i had in the past.....My whole point to this is......well, you'll get it when you watch your wedding video for the 40 gazillionth time and you still are gasping for air

Your wedding video? Gasping for breath because I'm rolling on the floor! The reception was a blast. (Not to mention a certain groomsman and a certain new family member getting stoned outside!)

I haven't got a significant other...as single as single can be. If you look at my icon, you can tell I'm a cartoon, and cartoons have a tough time meeting real women in a real people world. *sigh* ...if only I could return to my world of fellow animated friends, but that is impossible now...

Darth_Jonas said:
highly idealistic or just naive? Saying nothing will change after you're married is like friends saying nothing will change after they have sex.

QFT. Most young people (and I am a young person so that is loose termonology) miss out on that bit of wisdom.

Things DO change in a relationship after you have sex.

And now, the Canadian Flag.
:canada: