Do you guys use a to-do list?

HornedDemoN

Registered
Mar 15, 2015
Okay, so I'm kind of confused regarding whether this is a useful thing or not. I've been using a to-do list (well, an app on my Android phone) for quite some time now and it does help in reminding you to get stuff done.

But, on the other hand, I feel like to-do lists contribute to one's stress levels. Why? If you have too much tasks and you fail to get some of them done as you originally planned, you feel disappointment. Now, the obvious solution would be to either reduce the tasks, leave them for some other day or just plain forget about them. But either way, I feel kind of bad when I don't finish something as I had originally planned...

Ignorance could be bliss when you don't have a to-do list, but then I end up forgetting the stuff I have to do or I just lazily spend my day...

So it's really a confusing matter for me, even though I believe having a daily to-do list is a helpful thing overall. What do you guys think about it?

Seeing everything you have to do written down can make you more stressed out, but that can be motivating. Plus it is better than forgetting about something.

Yes, I do use to-do lists, I find them to be really helpful as I like being able to see what I need to do for the day, week or month and then get great satisfaction when I can cross them off the list. By having a list with everything wrote down it is easier for me to focus and motivate me.

It surely can be stressful once you see all the tasks that you have to do within that day. I often feel that as well, but the moment you have finished all of them already, you kind of feel fulfilled. I enjoy using a to-do list because it keeps everything organized, and I really like planning ahead of time.

I have a to-do binder! Well, it also has lists of books I want to read and my life goals and shit, but it's mostly full of lists. I put everything I need to do there, like commissions, chores, etc. I break them down into little steps and choose a few to do each day. I reward myself if I finish the daily list with something like ice cream or a midnight walk. It's literally the only way for me to get anything done. I wish I'd self-motivated in high school, but I'm starting college soon so I'm hoping it works there!

I "use" a to-do list... I write everything I need to do there and even allot specific time slots. But I also add some (or rather, a lot) of breaks...

Problem is... I'm easily demotivated >m< So in the end, I don't follow my to-do list and go off extending my break.

But I still complete the tasks though... Through sheer cramming XD

I don't. I usually remember everything that I have to do, and, being a student, I don't need to do THAT much anyway. :) So, a to-do list would be kind of useless to me.

I HAVE to use a to do list. I have some chronic pain disorders which cause a lot of brain fog and keeping notes and to do lists is the only way I can keep my life straight. I have notebooks and electronic notes and all kins of things going on.

A to-do list has really helped me to be more productive. With a list, I rarely miss out on the things I need to complete. Moreover, you can get an odd sense of accomplishment from crossing out tasks from your to-do list. It makes you feel like you've done something worthwhile with your time. I don't know if the same feeling applies to everyone, but having a list has definitely helped me manage my time and priorities better. Sure, it can be a bit stressful or overwhelming to see tasks listed down, especially when you have a lot, but in my case, I do think the advantages I get from being organized outweigh the disadvantages.

Ever heard, 'I will get there whether it takes 1 day or 50 years'. I use a to-do list and like everyone else I have only done half of what I written in my to do list. The ones I have not been able to achieve yet is because of of unexpected occurrence. However, I am proud to have achieved just half of it and I know soon enough I will make it.

I personally love having lists. Sometimes, I make more lists than I really need, but I suppose it's a stress reliever of sorts for me. I just like being organized. :) So I have a Checklist app I use (on iOS)

Okay, so I'm kind of confused regarding whether this is a useful thing or not. I've been using a to-do list (well, an app on my Android phone) for quite some time now and it does help in reminding you to get stuff done.

But, on the other hand, I feel like to-do lists contribute to one's stress levels. Why? If you have too much tasks and you fail to get some of them done as you originally planned, you feel disappointment. Now, the obvious solution would be to either reduce the tasks, leave them for some other day or just plain forget about them. But either way, I feel kind of bad when I don't finish something as I had originally planned...

Ignorance could be bliss when you don't have a to-do list, but then I end up forgetting the stuff I have to do or I just lazily spend my day...

So it's really a confusing matter for me, even though I believe having a daily to-do list is a helpful thing overall. What do you guys think about it?

Seeing a list of everything that needs to be done can be initimidating, however, I think it is important to prioritize the items on the to do list. For example, have your list set up so that items that need to be done first are at the top of the list, and items that can be done later or are items that are ongoing can be placed at the bottom of the list. Crossing items off of the list as I complete them are motivating to me, and I'm more likely to get things done when they're on my list.