Do You Finish Games?

It totally depends on what game it is your playing to finish it. Take SOCOM 2 US Navy SEALS. It's a great game offline and even better online. And if you have your Playstation 2 Console hooked up to the internet then you'd rather play online. I usually tend to play a game and complete it if its easy and if i get stuck, i keep trying, but if i don't succeed then i leave it for a while. Theres my advice lol. Im a bit of a sore loser though =)

Last edited:
Here's my updated list of games I haven't finished.

FF1
FF2
FF3/6
FF4
FF5
Zelda: LTTP
Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Zelda 1
Phantom Brave
La Pucelle
Breath of Fire 1
Half Life
Advance Wars DS
Disgaea
Dark Cloud 2...and others

i would say every 5 out of 6 games i will finish to about 90 % im a pretty hardcore gamer, on avagerage i would play 15+ hours a day lol, thats when i beat, urban reign, RE4, shadow of colossis, and guitar heros, while still maintaining a 30 on halo2 live! lol. it was really amusing... i have let games go unturned though, that i know one day i wont finish because its a part i know ill never pass... [witch is rare] or a game i never liked [ witch is becoming more often] ffx i didnt finish because couldnt beat like the second to last boss, but i already knew the ending so i lost intrest in starting over lol.... but yeah more then less i finish a game when i play it.

I'm about the same I"d have to say I complete about 80% I really need to spend some more time on gta 3 though. I've got somewhat burned out on it. It's really hard for me to find a game which I actually feel compelled to go to the end with it.. I like all the MGS games even the one on Ps1. I've finished them all, good series

i would say that almost every game ive owned ive beat or 90 % beat it......i usually only get past 1 season in sports, but then get bored cuz i win all the time.....then i just play a new game and beat that...then play online

I finished games several years ago, when it was worth it. Like so many other fellow gamers have stated, the games get repetitive and you just don't care and/or do not want to take the time. Besides, you can find detailed accounts of the endings of games online and often see clips as well. Take 'Black' (read my posted review) for example. The game is visually stunning and the gameplay and weapons are shinny and loud, but the story is insulting and the missions are horribly rehashed, so I had no interest in seeing the end and shelved it. Contrary-wise, 'Tomb Raider Legend' is delightfully refreshing. Not only is it a nice throw back to the fist Tomb Raider, it is just plain better than man, many games out right now and I can't wait to finish it.

I finish most of all my games. I'm a one game at a time gamer. I think the only game I haven't finished yet that i can remember is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Rebuplic. I don't know why I haven't finished it yet considering I'm at the end of the game, that star place.

i play every game with the intention of finishing it or 'destroying it' as somebody else put it. if it's a really long game, i'll play it off and on and come back to it weeks later. like tales of symphonia and most final fantasy games take me forever to finish. sometimes, even shorter games may take me a while, like halfway through killer 7, i stopped to whoop some ass in megaman x collection. i beat the first 3 x-games and then went back to finish killer 7.

there's only a few games i can think of that i never finished:
1)breath of fire 3, cus i got stuck at the end for weeks, and got pissed and traded it in.
2)chrono trigger back when it first came out on snes; although i just picked up the psx version and plan on running through it after i'm done whoopin kingdom heart's ass.
3)resident evil: code veronica: in my opinion, the hardest resident evil game, i tried playing through it twice, but always run out of bullets while playing as chris, and they never give you more.

i think that's it, or that's all i can remember.

Last edited:
Ya that malak guy made me mad so I stoped playing then halo 2 came out so i nevewr thought of going back and finishing it.

More games that have been dismanteled back at the lab

Star Wars KOTOR 1&2
Halo 1&2
Phsyconats
Katamair 1&2
Satr ocean end of time Finally I put in 98 hrs
GRAW 360
NFSMW 360
MGS3 Substance
Call of Duty 2 360
Ultimate Spiderman
FF3,4,5
FFVII, VIII, IX, X, X-2
Both of the new Castelvania
Zelda Windwaker

More to come

I try to beat games before going on to something else, but in the case of, say, a rental, It's only a matter of beating the clock. If I can't, oh well, might pick it up again at a later date.

i normally dont finish the games i start. i mainly play online games now anyways. but halo 1 consumed the most time out of any game EVER! i beat that game sooo many times.. and it was fun and different each time. I loved it. Then i would play on xbc for practice for local tournys. which was sweet. won some money. but ya i never finish games now b/c i usually only play online games. i wanna get back into the story of games. Fable was a shveet game. That was probably one of the last games i beat lol.

I, for one, would probably take the time to finish the games i play....if it didn't have Xbox Live...'Cause it's weird, i only will buy the Xbox Games that have Live on them.......There's probably only one that didn't have Live and that was the original Xbox title, Deathrow.....Very fun and addicting game....especially if you're running splitscreen or system link.....But ever since we've been moved into our new house, away from everybody, there's not that much time for me and my friends to get up and play some System Link or splitscreen......I'm now finding myself close, not fully, but close to finishing the games i have

I always make it a point of finishing a game because thats what i bought them for and thats why game designers made them. They put a lot of time and effort into the campaign mode.

I complete most of the games I get. Just seems that I haven't really gotten my money out of them if I don't complete them. Not all of them.. because if I am not enjoying a game there's not much point continuing to play it when I detest every moment.

There is the question of what counts as completing a game though. Just beating the main mode or difficulty? Or is it fully completing it -100%, all tasks & side quests, all easter eggs found and everywhere/everything explored on the hardest difficulty.

Yeah, I never even beat the SOCOMs single player game...but I rock out at the single player.

I'm kinda like Santana Moss in online games. I'll usually have a standard game, but I occasionally get a couple touchdowns back-to-back.

I try to but sometimes the online distracts me or sometimes I get stuck on a level...so I never get back to it.