Dirge of Cerberus - Pleasantly Surprised

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
I picked up DoC:FFVII over the weekend. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

The controls are a bit complex if you're not used to FPS, but it only takes about a half hour of tutorial to get you fully prepared.

The target lock feature works very well, and it's not what you'd expect. Instead of hold a button to lock onto a target, you point the cross-hairs near a target and Vincent will lock on as long as you're tracking the target with your sights, to unlock, just move your sights away from the target. It's much more natural.

The one thing that is lacking is a live map or radar system on the HUD.

Anybody else playing it? What do you think?

I've just killed the red dog mini-boss after the flying bus crashes, and I won't be able to pick it up again until October 2nd - which is balls.

Take it with you on your trip!!! (I'm sure that will be appreciated ;D )

Or better still, loan it to me!!!! (Althought I'm lacking in gaming time as well :p) Basically I've only the time for the DS lite.

I am almost done with the game, and I must say that the gameplay is a little subpar. The only reason I am playing this game is to get more FFVII story. I mean, I put in 100 hours playing FFVII on PSOne... I might as well continue with as much story as I can get. Would seem like a waste otherwise.

The control are a little shoddy, but the graphics are stellar. The FMVs are Advent Children quality. Too bad the gameplay is not.