Did anyone watch Nintendo's press conference?

SeanXor

Registered
Apr 16, 2006
Indianapolis
seanxor.1up.com
They showed the Wii in action for the first time with a four person Tennis match. It doesn't look like the title Wii sports (includes Tennis, Golf, and Baseball) is going to offer a deep single player game, but the multiplayer will be extraordinary and is honestly a game anyone can play.

I was able to see some of it -- mostly the Zelda demo and the Red Steel demo.

I'm very disappointed that they didn't announce a price point and a release date.

But the system looks great, and they've integrated the nunchuck really well (and the Wii-mote speaker!)

The Wii name is growing on me already. I like it. I am also getting more excited about actually preordering a Wii for myself. The anticipation of the price and release date are starting to kill me though. I think that any price lower than the PS3 will be good for me. I continually stick with Nintendo because they have yet to price me out of the market. I don't have to mortgage my home in order to buy their systems and games.

It was pretty interesting. I think I exited after the Red Steel portion. It's cool and all but I got the point after a while.

They said it will cost less than the 360 Core, meaning under 300. But there is something we need to remember about Nintendo. They put out the 52 block memory card. They made you buy four GBA-GCN link cables to play Zelda: Four Swords. They made you buy rumble packs seperately. They are Nintendo. They will gouge you for every cent they can.

Wow. I have been sufficiently brainwashed.

I must have that little controller. I had no idea they were going to do that many things with it. It's especially thrilling that its used with Zelda and Mario AND Metroid Prime.

The name Wii is slowly growing on me too.

Yay for Nintendo changing the face of gaming... again!

I saw it up in NY at Nintendo World. I cryed. That F-in Reggie gave me no price or date. And the guy who won the contest to play first was like 40. And Red Steel loks *$(#*#)_(&()@$&()@$&()&$%

Yes, we're all bitter about the lack of release date and price point. It's still a possibility that we'll see it at the end of the week. It's also a possibility that it's sooner than we think. Reggie said we'd be playing in 4th quarter, that could mean a 4th quarter release or even a 3rd quarter release. And a Sega VP hinted that Wii will cost under $200. We'll see about that.

As long as they don't do two different systems I'm happy. If they do I'll slap the first person i see. that Idea is stupid and plain dumb.

And I'll catch you in post basil. Soon soon

Your post are at 630. I'm at a low 300 i"ll catch you and surpass your posts HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

But I'm stoked on the system. Fanboy or not. I think this is the System that everybody must get. Wether your a Sony Man or Xbox Boy. The Wii is the way to go.

Like I said...This is Nintendo. If they think they'll sell as many units at $200 as they would at $250, they'll do it. And they're already well below the PS3 and Xbox no matter what they go with. They may as well take you for as much of a ride as they can get.