Demos?

Solitudinarian

Registered
Mar 21, 2006
Denver, CO
How many game demo players do we have? Do you feel that the content of the demos that you play are a true measure of the game itself? thoughts.

Don't play that many demos but in my experience you tend to get a pretty good indication of what the gameplay is like, but it's hard to judge the length or the storyline.

I subscribe to the Official Playstation Magazine, so I play multiple demos each month. For the most part I think the demo gives a good indication of the game. If I enjoy the demo, I will probably enjoy the game as a whole.

OP3 NinjaMan said:
I have played several demos, some have been great enough that I just had to purchase the game, most have turned me away from getting them...

Peace,

i tend to agree here, the demos are a great way to avoid making a big mistake or discover a diamond in the rough.

SeanXor said:
I subscribe to the Official Playstation Magazine, so I play multiple demos each month. For the most part I think the demo gives a good indication of the game. If I enjoy the demo, I will probably enjoy the game as a whole.
Agreed...

I used to subscribe too, and there were a lot of demos, but mostly they were titles that I usually wouldn't even play...

I have beta tested a few titles over the past 2 years and with just about everyone of them, what you see is what you get in the final release...

I've bought about 90% of the one I've beta tested compared somewhere around 5% that I cared to play the demo...

Peace,