Damn, this thing is beautiful

Darth_Jonas said:
I am curious to know how many people bought a Wii and/or a 360 this Christmas in lieu of the sold out PS3? If anyone works at a retailer, please let us know what feedback you have heard.

A lot. Wii is beating the PS3 in sales (by over twice as much I believe), and there were more 360s sold than the Wii and PS3 this month.

Last edited:
So Im guessing this happened to a lot of people...

061121.jpg

Darth_Jonas said:
I am curious to know how many people bought a Wii and/or a 360 this Christmas in lieu of the sold out PS3? If anyone works at a retailer, please let us know what feedback you have heard.

Well in the GS I work in all 36 people came in on sunday to get thire Wii. All of our PS3's are gone, and 360's well We are sittin on about 50 total. We have not moved not one damn 360 in the past month. You'd think Gears would be a good seller but nope. The game is over shadowed by PS3 and Wii hype.

Now come black friday it might be a different story. We have about 20 Wii's in and we will not sell them till friday to boost sales. And we have gotten more calls on the Wii and more people have asked about the Wii than either PS3 or 360. It's about 60% Wii 30% PS3 and the rest is generall questions. Also a suprissing factor is that I lot of people coming in asking about the Wii if you saw them would seem more inclined to want a PS3. I even heard a guy say he wants 1 just to play Madden which shocked me.

I'll try to come back after black friday to let everyone know how things went and what was the hot topic and if any 360's sell.

That spread probably has more to do with how it's more realistic to find a Wii soon than to find a PS3. And if they don't have a X360, it's because they're saving for the PS3 or Wii. Or waiting for a price cut and Halo 3. If they wanted Gears of War, they'd have already bought the machine, I figure.

How dusty does a PS3 get? I can't wait to get greasy finger prints all over one.

Any more updates on my question?

And Prince, please keep in mind that most people who usually shop at GS and EB games are those who are gamers already and if they wanted a 360, they either have it or (like listereo said) are waiting for a price drop. From what I understand, 360's are selling just fine in major retailers. I do want more specific numbers, though. And what does happen when the PS2 goes the way of the dodo? FFXII proves that they still haven't maxed out the potential of last gen technology. Will they keep it alive until the PS3 is going strong or will they cut it off so it will be mandatory to buy a PS3 to play PS games?

Well suprisinly we sold about 20 360's this weekend. And in my store almost everyone owns a 360. But it was not until Black Fri that they didn't pick up sales. GS was running a huge sale, Buy a $400 360 you get a free 1 years GS warranty and COD2 for free. Thats not a bad deal. But fact remains we still have about 30 just sittin. But what is most shocking is that the PS2 was selling like hot cakes. We sold PS2's hand over foot all weekend with not special.

We also got Wii's and PS3's in. Friday morn, we had about 30 ppl out side our store but we only had 8 systems. The 2 PS3's we had sat until sat when a dude and some lady picked them up. All and all every call we get in is for the freaking Wii. So I can not deny the fact that the Wii is the holiday item for this year, they have won the holiday of 06 for most wanted item.

That's why they were the only console to ever make it to the Toys'r'us top 100 list. they knew it was going to be hot. A friend at Circuit City is monitoring how well the systems do and how much they are asked for.