Damn, this thing is beautiful

Bonz

Staff Writer
Registered
Sep 10, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Just pulled my PS3 out of the box. It is pretty heavy, and bigger than my PS2 and Xbox 360. Its got a mirror shine and just looks great!

The USB cable to charge the SIXAXIS controler is pretty short, about 3 feet. Everything else is pretty standard, except...

They included a free Bluray copy of Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. It'll be sweet to see it in 1080p, but does sony think we americans are all a bunch of rednecks? Wait... I do watch the occasional Nascar race... and I did think this movie was funny as hell...

Well I guess sony's got me pinned!

I'm gonna play some games. Then I'll post some first impressions.

Later!

yea ebay would have been a better choice, but i guess u got to talk about the games too.... even thought 15,000$ would be better,

I have to say, Bonz...I'd have scalped that bitch.

But write some reviews, man. You're the only one to get one, I think.

Shit with 15k you can go out a buy another PS3 on ebay for 3k now thats a deal. My sucker bob cuosuin has one, but dose not even know if he will off it on ebay or not. I think he is waint for it to get closer to the holiday. But yea just think 15k.

Dose anybody here think any system is worth 15k or taking a bullet. Cuz some guy got shot

So in my break time of not playing all things Wii, I took time out me and my Cousion to fool around with his PS3. Being that he bought Genji.......which is crap, I mean REALLY CRAP.........I had to settel for that and nothing else, He wants me to pick up a game for him, so I'll RFM and check out something else.

Anyhoo, by far I am not impressed at all. It's big a Okey and weird looking, but yet it does look cool. If you get one or have one put it vertical it looks better and leaves you room. The update took forever (so did the Wii) but the real problem I have with it is the 6X. IT sucks completly and feels weird. It might be because of the new feel or the light weight but this is my bigest complaint. It kept on dying and cuting off while I was tryin to set everything up. Even with the USB cord it still cut off. .......sidebar the USB cord will suck for anyone that will be sitting more than 3 feet from the system cus the cord is short....................Also the buttons feel funny the PS button did not feel up to par when I pressed it like I was doing it wrong or something. Again it might be because it was a new controller so we will see. I also ran into a Wifi problem when I could not use it because I needed and update but could not update because I could not sign on.

On the plus side the system is quiet, very. It's almost like the Wii you don't here much of anything, unlike the 360 where it sounds like a factory inside. The XMB runs smooth and looks better and is more funcional than the PSP version. Also the touch pad for on and off are cool. If I ever take a break from the Wii adn work, I put in more time with this system but until then I am NOT INPRESSED.

I am curious to know how many people bought a Wii and/or a 360 this Christmas in lieu of the sold out PS3? If anyone works at a retailer, please let us know what feedback you have heard.

Interesting that it seems the PS3 missed launch estimates by nearly one-half. Analysts believe only about 200,000 units were available. Sony insists that they will have 1 million units shipped to the U.S. by Dec. 31st. By my estimate, if Sony were to hire Antonov AN 124 jets (bigger than the Boeing 747's they are most likely using), it would take between 500 to 600 shipments via the air to ship the 800,000 or so remaining units which reads about 100 air shipments per week for the rest of the year. That's a difficult race against time. 100 flights is equal to about 145,000 or so units.

Highly doubtful. That kind of stockpiling would have been noticed, and besides, Sony was embarrassed in front of financial analysts and their stockholders due to the ineptness of their launch. Holding back 200,000 additional units when their third-party software licensees are praying for deep market penetration before the New Year...well, that would be egregiously stupid.

Highly doubtful indeed. But you're making the assumption that the PS3s are wholly constructed and boxed over there.

And Scribe! I thought I was the only person who says egregious!

I doubt anybody outside of the top people in Sony know. Hell, look at the thing in the 2004 election. It took Bill O'Reilly weeks just to find where Heinz ketchup was bottled in America.

spudlyff8fan said:
Highly doubtful indeed. But you're making the assumption that the PS3s are wholly constructed and boxed over there.

And Scribe! I thought I was the only person who says egregious!

It's not an assumption. Manufacturing the PS3 in America would add way more overhead to the device (imagine $1100 for PS3's at retail). PS3 components are wholly put together overseas, though some of the components within the system may be manufactured elsewhere (like the hard drive). Two of the companies manufacturing PS3's are Asustek Computers and Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd both based out of Taiwan.

Also, I say 'egregious' a lot...and the words 'pimpmobile' and 'daffodil'.