Daily rant

Maxprime94

Registered
Nov 8, 2014
Hey, I've been needing to rant lately because I just feel like the whole world is going crazy. I mean Ebola, ISIS what next? I don't understand why everyone is suddenly just giving up and literally going nuts. I understand that this is obviously the build up of repressed anger and that there is no "right" side but can't everyone just relax, talk about it and make sense of it all. I feel like I live in post-apocalyptic world right now. If I go out to the grocery store tonight who knows if I'll get beheaded! Jeez!

...if it makes you feel better, doctors and nurses are managing to keep Ebola quarantined in Africa. Also, Mark Zuckerberg is giving $25 million to help fight against Ebola, to help prevent others from getting it. ISIS sucks, though, but in other good news:

- 25 years ago on this day, the Berlin Wall was broken down, reuniting all of Germany again.
- Two Americans have been freed by North Korea and are being returned home.
- J.K. Rowling has published a few more short stories to the Harry Potter series online.

Claiming that you feel like you're living in a post-apocalyptic is a bit of a stretch, but I can see why you're feeling panicked. Don't let the media scare you, because that's what they're trying to do. That's how they make their money: by fear-mongering. The good news is that, if you're currently living in America, that you're chances of getting Ebola are very slim, and ISIS is probably not going to try to hunt you down and behead you. Earth kind of sucks, but we could all be much worse off right now.

It is rather crazy out there and it's okay to worry, but unless you are a major world leader or some reactionary activist, I'd say you shouldn't get yourself all worked up. It's good to keep up with what's happening, but don't let fear stop you from living your life. Be cautious but don't build a new lifestyle for yourself.

Well, it certainly is enough to make one prone to ranting, I suppose. I feel like the media is a lot more vested in keeping the news seeming terrible, as well, you know? There is no shortage of problems and crisis and awful things going on, but there IS good news and redeemable stories too, and how often to we ever hear about those? I think it's perspective to some extent.

Sometimes it feels good to vent whether it be online or in real life. But there will be always stuff to get stressed over. Just have to try and see the glass as half full (as hard as that is nowadays).

And I think Ebola will be conquered sooner or later with a vaccine. Millions of dollars are being poured into developing one and all the big pharmaceutical companies want to be the first one to come out with one so they can patent it and catapult their company ahead of all the others. ISIS days are numbered as their atrocities simply fuel more international support against them.

I know how you feel. It's really frustrating and alarming at the same time that all of these things are happening and all we can do is just stand up and watch it all happen. But there are things that you can do, too. For instance, you can donate to Ebola victims. And if you can, try not to rant so much, you should even be happy that you're not the one who got the virus. You should be grateful.

A daily rant? Sounds good! Everyday I have to deal with people treating me like I'm completely stupid because they simply can't comprehend larger words and assume I make them up. Living in the south is driving me crazy because I managed to live in the one metropolitan patch of it that still has a horrible education system. My own family doesn't like me because I don't agree with them on a large assortment of topics. I also can't stand when people think I'm racist just because I say I don't like our president's current stances on things. The kicker? I'm the happiest person I know! Which is saying something considering all of the attitude and prejudice I have to tolerate in order to get through my day without punching someone.

First I hope that you do not get beheaded, we need you to start another thread. Yes indeed it looks like there is something going on out of the ordinary. Idle men in my neighborhood have decided to undress any woman that they consider to be indecently dressed. Some use this technique to rob from the woman in question. There is definitely something going on that a friend of mine said that the devil is on holiday in the world. The good news is that this too shall pass.

Hey, I've been needing to rant lately because I just feel like the whole world is going crazy. I mean Ebola, ISIS what next? I don't understand why everyone is suddenly just giving up and literally going nuts. I understand that this is obviously the build up of repressed anger and that there is no "right" side but can't everyone just relax, talk about it and make sense of it all. I feel like I live in post-apocalyptic world right now. If I go out to the grocery store tonight who knows if I'll get beheaded! Jeez!
I feel you my brother and just yesterday i was watching this site where the ISIS group posted a video of some dude getting beheaded and i literary freaked out.The world is surely on the verge of total chaos if a super power like Russia can get sanctioned.We need divine intervention.

The world is a crazy place.I live in the Philippines and I have heard and seen it all here folks. Like just recently my Aunt sent me an email she was worried about the "Devastation" she was seeing form the typhoon. I just laughed and replied, Please understand it was devastating, but be warned the stuff you see on TV is not as bad as it seems. You need a before and after picture to actually know if there was true devastation in an area. Because Broken down buildings with roofing falling off and massive amounts of trash in the streets is not uncommon in the Philippines. A lot of what yous see is the Philippine people putting stuff on air and holding their hands out expecting another country to send them millions of dollars the politicians will put to good use in their own pockets. the towns and the people who really need that money rarely ever see it. Its amazing how progressed the country of the Philippines was in 1950 and what this country could have become, and what it actually has become it is so very sad.

Isn't it crazy to come back to read this and see where we are now. The world was locked down and the UK still is lol.

The world never saw anything at this time when you made this thread. Fast forward to 2020/2021 we had COVID which nearly wiped out the humanity. It's been hell on earth ever since.