CS:GO to have trading/selling cooldown

Skuttie

Registered
Nov 15, 2014
clicking an item in the CS:GO part of the steam market has this note

"Note: Starting in the next few days, items purchased for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive either in-game or on the Steam Community Market will not be tradable or marketable for one week after purchase. We are making this change to combat fraud and scams, and to help maintain a safe and healthy item economy within Counter-Strike: Global Offensive."

so just a heads up!

It's gone live already, and it also applies to TF2 and DotA 2! It kinda sucks because you can't buy items now and trade it to your friends in time for Christmas now. Though I do see the benefit such a change would have in combating scams and fraud.

That's bad news for me but hopefully will stop scammers using the credit cards of others, I had it happen to a friend, contacting steam support was really hard as they're really unresponsive. Bad news for me because I wanted to buy a friend of mine a knife in CS:GO, oh well.

I think this is a good change indeed. It's just extremely weird that Valve has to police this for us. Scamming is 99% your own fault. Don't do stupid stuff. Don't give anyone anything without security, I mean... REALLY?

I think it's kind of stupid.