Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Kazix

Registered
Dec 2, 2014
Anyone playing this game? PC version of course, because console version (I think there was one for Xbox360, not sure about PS3) is a joke.

I used to play some Counter Strike Source back in high school, but somehow never got into CS:GO. I even bought it like a year ago, played for a couple of hours and never touched it again.
Until last month I saw CS:GO tournament Dreamhack Winter. The game had changed so much, so I was thrilled to give it another go (no pun intended, hehe).

And I love it now! I only play competitive 5v5 matches, where teams are about the same skill level thanks to the matchmaking. The game itself is deep - there are different meta games, strategies, you have to learn each weapon and I could go on and on about it.

And the best part about it is that I can see myself improving - when I started, I could barely beat normal bots, but now I have already reached Silver 4 and still improving.

How about you? Do you play CS:GO? Do you collect various weapon skins or ungodly expensive ingame knives? Or maybe you prefer more casual FPS games like Call of Duty? ;p

I own it on Steam and play it from time to time, but only casually. I hardly play competitive rounds because a full game can last for up to 90 minutes, and I can't afford to dedicate so much time to a full match.

I sometimes play CS:GO, only on competitive, because I don't like the casual 10vs10 FF off clusterfuck and I don't really care about my rank, either. I have fun just by not caring about the rank, and playign to my best (silver 3, though)
I don't care about crates and weapon skins, I sell most of those on the marketplace.

I have not been able to pay this game as yet but I really think that I will give it a try soon. Right now I am in the process of saving up some money so that I will be able to get and xbox one please.

I love CS:GO. But not only CS:GO, I have played Counter-Strike since I was a kid. It's the best competative FPS (or even the best competative game) out there. There's a high skill gap but it pays off learning about the game, although there is alot to learn.

This new found popularity is really nice. And in some ways really crappy because with being mainstream comes cheaters and hate, DDOSers etc etc...
But all and all, I love that it's becoming popular and getting the fame the game really deserves.

Did anyone notice much worse hit-rate since the new update, or is it just me? I can barely get hits on people since they introduced some new anti-cheat, server-side hit registration. Feels like most of my hits don't get "approved" by the server, or hit much later than they should. My ping is fine for the most part.

So that is not only me. I found it very strange after playing Insurgency a lot, I thought I forgot everything about CS's gunplay or something, lol. I read a bit on reddit and several forums that something seems off, but I dismissed it as rumors until I played a bit today.

The new update is a bit weird. They redid the map Train, to redesign some of the boosts (*cough* Fnatic *cough*). They nerfed the CZ Auto which is incredibly unfair to the CT side as they only have the P250 and the T side now have the much better Tec-9, which is my favorite pistol. The new update for CS:GO was a mixed bag, they need to improve more and the for the hit rate, I sprayed a guy with a Galil AR and I didn't lower his health. Either the recoil got increased or the hits didn't register, either way it was a weird thing that happened.

I'd still say that Train is a CT-sided map though. The CZ Auto was overpowered and needed the nerf, considering that it was available to both sides I think it didn't pose that much of a problem. A buff to the P250 would certainly be good, but with the new D-Eagle I'm tempted to buy that instead.

The Tec-9 is really a bit overpowered right now compared to the orher pistols, but after a few matches it doesn't seem to be that good as the CZ Auto was. And CZ auto had the downside of only having like two magazines worth of reserve bullets.

By the way Steam Winter sale started today and they usually have CS:GO at trivial price like 3 EUR, just keep an eye on the offers ;)

EDIT: only downside to the sale is influx of smurf accounts and hackers, but they usually get sorted out pretty quickly.

By the way Steam Winter sale started today and they usually have CS:GO at trivial price like 3 EUR, just keep an eye on the offers ;)

EDIT: only downside to the sale is influx of smurf accounts and hackers, but they usually get sorted out pretty quickly.

Rule of Steam Sales: Don't buy the game until it's the last day, or if it's a flash sale, community sale or daily deal :p Just a tip to save some money in case you're looking to grab CS:GO now, it could get lower.

Rule of Steam Sales: Don't buy the game until it's the last day, or if it's a flash sale, community sale or daily deal :p Just a tip to save some money in case you're looking to grab CS:GO now, it could get lower.
I've never seen it lower than 2,75, that's when I bought it.

Just so I answer OP's question, yes I do play it. Actually, I've recently started playing it again with friends. I quite enjoy it, a new game where I can improve my skills. Last time I felt something like this was with DOTA 2 (if you value your social life, do not even play that game :D). I can't really buy skins since I'm a broke university student, but that's just how it is. Although, I'd kill for an AK Redline, that's just so sexy.

I play it with a few friends of mine, I think after placements I went to Silver elite? silver5? whatever it is called. I find there are one too many closet hackers that toggle in that game though, which makes it frustrating when the hit detection is already a random number generator. you have some guy who is doing poor that's like 0 and 8, and then suddenly, all he hits is headshots, and he knows where you are through smoke grenades. its frustrating beyond belief.

The CZ is just bad now. The damage is low and the magazine capacity isn't good. Of course, the Tec-9 isn't as good, as well. The recoil is horrible, but if you can control it and if you can score some headshots, the gun is quite powerful. The rate of fire is average but right now I'm loving the Five Seven, it's an incredibly good gun with a great rate of fire and nice damage with a solid magazine capacity. Overall, I hope that Valve releases a new and powerful update that balances the game a bit more.
Well the CZ needed a nerf so I'm glad they nerfed it. Teh tec-9 is the new "OP" gun now it seems. Pretty accurate, good damage and loads of ammo.
My favorite has always been the Five Seven though and it's probably the best gun in the game. The armor pen and damage+fire rate is great, accuracy too. Lovely gun. :)

I was using the tec-9 before the stealth buff, :(. I always rush dual pistols when the pistol round starts and just rush a side full on Matrix mode. gives a much needed laugh from the competitive games in CSGO.

I have it on steam. I play CS:GO everyday. I just started playing this game 2-3 months ago, and it's quite addicting. I never played the competitive mode because my internet connection is a jerk. But I always practice using bots, now I'm having a practice on expert bots.

And as for skins, I'm buying skins that are less than one dollar. I don't want to spend too much money on this game.

I just got CS:GO from the Steam sale, and I quite like it. I was god-awful at CSS, opting to stay in GG servers, but this time I started playing the game properly. The fact that you have one life per round makes everything incredibly tense and high stakes, with one good AK shot being able to take anyone out. As for the skins, for any Valve game I've played, I often will shell out a few dollars for some shiny skins or hats. But in all honestly, short of finding one, I'm probably never going to own a knife. They're like the CS:GO equivalent of a expensive handbag or watch: expensive, pretty to look at, but does the exact same thing as the stock one.

I got CS:GO about 2-3 years ago, played a little casual, zombie run, deathrun and surf, but I didn't like the game so I stopped. I went back 2-3 months ago and started playing competitive and I absolutely love it. The constant action and pressure is amazing, and the community is also great. It is one of the main games I play on this moment and it probably will be for a while.

Well the CZ needed a nerf so I'm glad they nerfed it. Teh tec-9 is the new "OP" gun now it seems. Pretty accurate, good damage and loads of ammo.
My favorite has always been the Five Seven though and it's probably the best gun in the game. The armor pen and damage+fire rate is great, accuracy too. Lovely gun. :)
Pistols are pretty strong in general, sadly. You can oneshot a rifler close range with the P250. In comparison, you can't onehit HS with the M4A4. The P250 does 107 dmg to helmet while the M4 does 93. I'm not even going to talk about the 5-7 and Tec-9, they are amazing guns for their price. The Deagle is just plain useless, I don't know why people buy it. If you miss your first shot, meaning it's not a HS, chances are, you won't have a second shot until the recoil resets, your you can spray and pray.

Just bought CS GO and I'm having a blast so far. I played 1.6 for a few years and I couldn't get myself to buy this one. Well, I was wrong. Game is amazing and it really kept the counter strike essence in place.