Could you go 24 hours without a screen?

Yes. I think I would be able to do that. I work as a content writer and I do other freelance jobs on the internet, but sometimes, I take a break from the computer to spend and enjoy a bit of quality time with my friends and family.

Sure. I work with screens all day, and I wouldn't mind being away from them for a entire day and go off on a short overnight vacation to some secluded cabin with nothing but nature all around.

Yeah, I could. I would just sleep most of the day, and read some book or listen to some podcasts the for rest. And I would probably go for a walk, or something.. I don't think I would have a problem.

Maybe, but I have't tried doing that for a while. If I am to do such a crazy thing, I'm going to need to know exactly what I'm going to do that day. I'm also going to need a whole lot of friends, and loads of great stories.

I have done it a couple of times. As long as I have a good book to read or i'm surrounded by friends, I have no problem with it.

I don't think I could during the week. But during the weekend it's a big possibility. My husband works all week so I always check my phone to see if he's called or messaged me in case I didn't hear my phone go off because it happens a lot. But he's with me during the weekend, so I could go without my phone or computer for that amount of time. It's hard though. I love listening to videos online and keeping up with what's going on around the world.

I know a lot of people whose past teachers have tried to make them go 24 hours without any screen, computer, TV, or cellphone, except for schoolwork. Do you think you could do this?

I don't think I can, I would probably cave in, because I wouldn't have anything to do really. Most of my interests are electronic based, and I honestly wouldn't be able to do anything. I would probably play with some Legos, eat, and hopefully try to contact friends without having my contacts app... Yeah, I wouldn't be able to do it. Do you think you could?

I could live without screens for a little while. Some days when I have a long to-do list I will partake in a screen-free day, until all or at least most of the items on my list are done. I am easily distracted when a screen is on, whether it be the TV, phone, computer, etc. Having this rule for myself really motivates me to get things accomplished in a timely manner.

Honestly in my current situation it's not possible. In the past I was pretty much disconnected from the screen and spent most of my time outdoors.

One of my favorite things to do during the warmer months is go camping at a primitive campsite (like on a state park). There's no reception, power, etc. so you're pretty much forced to encounter life without a screen attached to your eyes.

Yes, it's possible, and yes, it's fun and worthwhile. Break up some dead trees and start a fire. Walk in a direction with Google Maps telling you where to turn. It's an exciting world.

I can do this easy because I don't think I'm addicted to my gadgets and TV, I rarely even watch it these days. I can certainly live without screens definitely because they only provide entertainment and not food and shelter. I mean, our ancestors were able to live without it so why can't we?

Sad to say, but no...I don't think I could these days to be honest. Not only do I work with computers all day, but in my leisure time I'm either on social media, playing games or watching movies.

I think most people would be the same and it seems that the 'screen', big or small is dominating more of our lives these days than ever before, and I think that's a tend that's set to continue.

I'd be perfectly fine as long as I was doing something. If I had to go about my daily routine without screens it would be much more boring and pretty difficult to get things such as homework or procrastination done. After all, procrastination is an important part of my day. I've gone a week without playing video games on my desktop, but luckily I still had my phone to entertain me when I needed it. Hopefully I won't have to go through such rough times again.

I've spent several times without a screen for 24 hours. At those times I was either incredibly busy doing paperwork stuff at work or incredibly bored at home so I did extra cooking or slept a lot. Also, if I'm sick I can't really look at screens, so I try to occupy my time with analogue things, or sleep.

24 hours is nothing. I could just pick up a book or get out my sketchbook that's been collecting dust in the closet for 5 years, or even go outside and have a walk or play my guitar, the options are endless. 24 hours without screens is no issue at all. It only gets troublesome if you extend that to 48 hours :p Nope, I can't do that, sorry. I don't care that Satan will kill your dog if I look at any screens in the next 48 hours, I can't do it.

What's interesting here us that while there mixed opinions, we all seen to rely on screens to some degree and so while we're sitting here wondering if we could cope, I wonder how we'd get on if we HAD to?

It's not just a case of, switching them all off for a day, it's more a case of them being taken away. And if it was for longer than a day, how would we cope?

Yes, I guess I could. I could also go 24 hours without food and water. Will it be easy? Well, that's another question entirely.
Seriously though, I could probably manage it, simply by reading, eating and sleeping. I'd probably do a little working out too, just to take my mind off the torture!

Nah, I can't go without any of my gadgets nearby, even just a phone would be enough for me to last through the day.

I've actually done so. But I admit that it wasn't within my control. Sometimes we're in situations where we can't really use any gadgets. Such as being stuck in a cave for days or diving underwater to find a hidden treasure. Those are just some funny examples. But like you, I probably can't avoid using gadgets every day.

I thought that I would not be able to survive without a TV. I was completely addicted until last December when I had to give away my household stuff for a certain reason. It is one year today and I do not have a television in my house. Now I am addicted to the radio. Sometimes circumstances can force us to cope. You would be amazed to discover that you can enjoy your life immensely without a screen if it was out of your control.

That's sad. But sometimes things work out. Actually, I found it liberating to not have internet connection. But it was not my decision. Still, I think we can detox from all the electronic use and stuff once in a while. We can't totally stop using them since it's part of modern life.