Could you go 24 hours without a screen?

techbeast34

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
I know a lot of people whose past teachers have tried to make them go 24 hours without any screen, computer, TV, or cellphone, except for schoolwork. Do you think you could do this?

I don't think I can, I would probably cave in, because I wouldn't have anything to do really. Most of my interests are electronic based, and I honestly wouldn't be able to do anything. I would probably play with some Legos, eat, and hopefully try to contact friends without having my contacts app... Yeah, I wouldn't be able to do it. Do you think you could?

I thought that I would not be able to survive without a TV. I was completely addicted until last December when I had to give away my household stuff for a certain reason. It is one year today and I do not have a television in my house. Now I am addicted to the radio. Sometimes circumstances can force us to cope. You would be amazed to discover that you can enjoy your life immensely without a screen if it was out of your control.

Surviving without any type of screen would make me go absolutely bonkers, We had a power outage here in my state for over a week due to a bad ice storm that snapped all the power lines and cable. Did not even have internet or water and light, I had to go do things outside or read during the day time and freeze at night. Let me tell you, that was not a fun experience and never want to do that again. I need to have some type of screen near me, not fond of the television so most likely my laptop or tablet. 24 hours is not so bad, I'd be okay but still go a bit bonkers in the end.

I think I can survive a full 24 hours without a screen, but in one condition: you have to keep me busy with other things. School, work, basically anything that would make me busy. Because if you leave me idle for a while and I can't access my phone or my laptop, I will not be able to take it. I'm not even kidding.

I can easily spend a day without a screen, because I have some other things that I can do outside. I could go take a walk, box in the garage or maybe go play some football with my friends. Some of my friends are really fond of Activity (a board game) and I could also play that with them if it would become rough.

I did most of the time when I was younger, and now I only stay away from a electronic screen when I'm out of my house, traveling, and camping. I don't see understand people's fears of not using electronics for 24 hours only, it's absurd in my mind.

Oh definitely- I wouldn't say that it's something that I do frequently but I'm absolutely capable of it. I have plenty of interests that don't require screentime or being "plugged in".

Absolutely I could do it. Would I be happy is a different story. :p

I was recently tested a bit on this when my router died and I was not able to buy one until the following day. I live on my computer and I don't really watch much TV. I don't have a smart phone and don't care about them. But the computer plays a big role in my day. But without the internet it was difficult. That day I watched a few old movies and played my PS3.

I know a lot of people whose past teachers have tried to make them go 24 hours without any screen, computer, TV, or cellphone, except for schoolwork. Do you think you could do this?

I don't think I can, I would probably cave in, because I wouldn't have anything to do really. Most of my interests are electronic based, and I honestly wouldn't be able to do anything. I would probably play with some Legos, eat, and hopefully try to contact friends without having my contacts app... Yeah, I wouldn't be able to do it. Do you think you could?
The screen has become the way of life for me so it being my daily companion,i wouldn't function without it.I need it for my contacts and for my general entertainment.Not that am addicted to it but it plays an important part in my life.

I don't think so. I use my phone to talk to friends and use it if I ever get lost since I travel a lot. I use my computer for work, and to play games. I am certain I can spend a majority of my day without a screen, but it's basically a habit to check my phone for the time or to do something on my phone when I'm waiting for something or someone.

I could depending what else I could find to keep myself busy. Working out or playing any kind of board game would help me deal with the urges. But give me none of those and all goes out of the window. It'll be hard for me, I can guarantee you that.

I can do this, and have done this by choice, rather easily. There's more to life than a screen or some form of media always in front of or around me. Thus, 24 hours is no sweat for me. However, I do wonder if I would manage to make it through a week.

24 hours without ANY kind of screen? No way. That would suck because not only could I not play games or see what's happening on message boards, I wouldn't be able to listen to music. Well I would but it would have to be on a CD. I only listen to CDs if there's a CD player in the car and I'm traveling.

Could I? Probably, but it wouldn't be any fun. Those 24 hours would probably be a lot more boring and longer than 24 hours if I had my gadgets to entertain myself.

I think I could survive longer without my PC rather than my smartphone. After all I use it almost constantly.

Sorry, I just cannot survive without my daily portion of music, especially since I have exams these days. Because of that, I also need to check facebook often to see if someone needs help or ask for help myself, since I often make bad notes and then I have to beg to my fellow pupils to get some notes XD

Heh, try going 4+ months without it like I did when Analog TV got shut down in Australia in 2011. We went months without watching TV because we didn't have a flatscreen TV or a settop box until we met people and they loaned us one. I'm a bookworm, so I survived easily - it just sucked missing out on all the good stuff.

I haven't had a TV in years so surviving without one is pretty easy. I use my computer for almost anything so it would be pretty hard to survive without my computer. I've also gone a long time without internet. That's like not having a screen, right?

I think I could try...But I'm pretty sure that the best way to stay 24 hours off a screen is to have great company with you..If I am with my friends, or If I had a boyfriend, I could totally forget about internet and screens ;)

I certainly like the idea of going without a screen for an entire day. It would be a technology cleansing in a way. I know a guy who takes a technology Sabbath each Saturday. Apparently he feels more upbeat and alleviated of numerous stressors after it. I'll try one this weekend.