Contractual agreement...

JoanMcWench

Registered
Feb 16, 2015
So, let's say a company has decided to pay you for the rest of your life to play games. Well, not 'games' exactly....ONE game. If you had to choose the one game you must play for the rest of your life while never being able to play any other game again which game would that be? It can be any game from any generation of gaming. One game, one controller, one console. Clearly, the person paying you is a crazy old bajillionaire who just likes messing with people's minds.

Mr__Burns_by_monomauve.jpg

For me, I would choose FIFA. If I can only play one game on a loop, I would choose a sports game, simply because every game is unique and offers the potential of a different outcome. Once you have completed a shooter or a platformer, it is kind of hard to keep the game fresh and want to continue playing it.

Hmm, this question is really tricky, and my answers vary from condition to condition.

Will the game always remain populated/online/if the servers go down, can I find a private server so I can play it with other die-hard fans? If so, my answer is Team Fortress 2.

Can you mod the game? If so, my answer is Skyrim.

If you can't do either, I'd have to pick either Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas/Vice City, or Wolfenstein 3D.

Hmm, this question is really tricky, and my answers vary from condition to condition.

Will the game always remain populated/online/if the servers go down, can I find a private server so I can play it with other die-hard fans? If so, my answer is Team Fortress 2.

Can you mod the game? If so, my answer is Skyrim.

If you can't do either, I'd have to pick either Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas/Vice City, or Wolfenstein 3D.

Wolfenstein isn't too long though, you can only play it so many times until you're able to beat it with your eyes closed.. :)

I'd go with Grand Theft Auto V, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, or perhaps even Fallout: New Vegas. I could play one single game for the rest of my life without question, especially for money.

The money is a nice aspect but it also stops you from participating in the gaming community. Not able to try the new GTAs or CoDs. Spending forever in the same game will always lead to becoming tired of it. Regardless of how much you love it.

It would have to be a game that is unbeatable. To play Halo or GTA everyday to see the same ending every week for the rest of your life I think not. I would go with a Pacman or Tetris. This way everyday I would say oh I cant wait to beat my score.. These kinds of games eventually GLITCH. Like when the score just gets to high or cant handle the speeds, etc.. So then Ill keep playing till glitch forever :)

Very tricky to say the least. Which game would I play for the rest of my life? It has to be a really hard game that is basically unpassable, or at least the outcome has to change depending on your choices during the game. It probably has to be one of the Final Fantasy games. Epic RPG that takes time and patience to complete.

Before I sign, I have some questions!
Can I play this one game online or do I have to stick to the original game. And mynsedond question is what's the pay like?

Seriously though, if I could play online I'd be looking at GTAV as the jobs and possibilities are endless, if I couldn't then I'd have to pick FIFA. At least then you could play every season slightly differently so you wouldnt get too bored I guess?

First of all, that picture scared the shit out of me. If he walked up to me and tried to pay me to play a game, I'd be sure I was in a horror movie. That said, I'd have to go with Ocarina of Time. I've always loved it and have beat it countless times. I'm sure I'd get bored eventually, but I haven't yet and I'm not aware of any game that wouldn't get boring after an eternity.

If i had to pick just one game..hmm let me see. Probably Final Fantasy 10 or Castlevania for the playstation. I can play those game for hours and not get sick of them. Final Fantasy 10 has pretty decent graphics, storyline was great, the sphere grid was fun as well as blitzball. Castlevania Symphony of the night would be a close second pick. Over 200% completion makes this a hard game to get everything mastered. I still do not have 100% completion to this day. I am only off by .01% it is frustrating trying to fine that missing piece.

Sigh I really tried to think hard and objectively about what game was best to play forever, but I really just can't get Skyrim out of my mind. It was a very good experience for me. However, I would ask Mr. Burns unlimited access to Nexus mods and other mods for Skyrim before agreeing.

Before I sign, I have some questions!
Can I play this one game online or do I have to stick to the original game. And mynsedond question is what's the pay like?

Seriously though, if I could play online I'd be looking at GTAV as the jobs and possibilities are endless, if I couldn't then I'd have to pick FIFA. At least then you could play every season slightly differently so you wouldnt get too bored I guess?

No online game play. Just you, the one controller, the one game, & the one console. Fo life, son. Also, the pay is something you could comfortably live on. Depending on your current lifestyle.

It's a really hard call. I can get burned out on some games just as soon as I can sit down the play. I guess I would have to go with COD. That's assuming I can play it online without the servers being taken down

Well if online is allowed then I'm sticking with my second choice, FIFA then. Like I said at least it won't get too boring, there's a lot of teams and tournaments available to keep you busy for a while.

Maybe not the rest of your life though?

Would it be considered cheating to answer with Super Mario Bros All-Stars on the SNES? Thereby allowing me to play 16-bit versions of the North American Super Mario Bros 1-3, The Lost Levels (AKA the original Japanese Super Mario Bros 2), and the original Mario Bros arcade game? If not, then that's my answer!

(I could have alternatively answered with Action 52 on the NES to make a similar joke, except that I would much rather be restricted to playing one good game for the rest of my life than 52 terrible ones!) ;)

No matter how good the game, eventually you're going to hate it. I've never encountered a game that at some point I haven't thought 'Well, thats enough of that for a bit'. If I was forced to, I would probably go for a hard-core strategy game, as they are the ones that I find the most relaxing, and they have great variety in the style of play you can choose. It would have to be one of the Civ games I suppose, Sid Meier really is the king of strategy games for me. Choosing between Civ 4 and Civ 5 would be the hardest decision I've ever made but I'd probably have to go with Civ 5 in the end.

This thread has made me change my answer about three times as I read everyone's response. Skyrim is a solid pick, and considering I have about 200 hours in it, and could easy put in another 20000+ (especially with mods, as what mentioned). My other option would be an MMORPG, for example I'm playing a lot of DC Universe Online currently, and since you can keep creating characters and content is added all the time, I feel like that would be a good pick. I feel the same about any NHL game where you have a lot of different modes so the replay factor would be high there.

But then @Steve Dawson just haaaaaad to mention Sid Meier, and with that I think you win. Because those games are pretty much endless. So my answer is Civ 5. ;)

League of Legends, or any other super replayable competitive title.

However, I like video games too much to play just one forever. So this question would never happen.

But the life of being a QA tester isn't far from that fear.