College Basketball

wijg

Asst Reviews Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Old Same Place
We have threads for professional sports, so we might as well have a discussion for the only college one that truly matters. The season is already upon us with the Maui Invitational, Great Alaska Shootout, and Season Kickoff NIT, which my team won. Anyway, we have a long way to go until March Madness, and I hope to enjoy every second of it. Everyone just needs to remember one of the two objective truths in this universe: UNC sucks.

I pull for whoever is playing UNC Chapel Hill. I graduated from UNC Charlotte, and like most people in NC, I hate the Tarheels. They won't play my little school because they are afraid we'll beat them. I also pull for Duke and NC State (although Duke holds the higher rank), but live in the middle of UK country, so we'll keep that quiet. Although I bring it up at key moments just to antagonize my fanatical coworkers. UK fans hate Duke.

Always glad to have another Duke supporter and UNC detractor. My sister goes to NC State, so she has shared allegiances. Yeah, you are definitely in enemy territory. I don't think Kentucky will ever forgive Duke for 1992. I still remember watching that game and the finish. Maybe the greatest NCAA game of all time.

I want all Duke sports to suffer a horrible fate. They gave an athletic scholarship (full ride) to our "star" quarterback, who is one of the most horrible people I have ever met. I hope his knees blow out.

I don't really have one. I loved the '86 Mets. I was convinced Mookie Wilson was my uncle. Most of the 86ers are back coaching the Mets now so I guees my team is still the Mets. As for basketball...I believe I'll go with my Division 3 alma mater, Carnegie Mellon.