Champions League

preddy_

Registered
May 6, 2015
Who do you all think will win the UEFA Champions League this season? For me, it surely has to be Barcelona, even though I love Madrid. Barcelona are on incredible from at the moment, with all of their front three playing at their best. The way Messi embarrassed Bayern Munich, should surely indicate they are going to go all the way and win it.

I think Barca will win the Champions League this year. It looks as though the bookmakers also feel this as they are 3/5 favorites to win. Real Madrid are second favorites at 13/4. I do think Madrid will beat Juve and advance to the finals but ultimately feel that Barca will be crowned champions. As I have no rooting interest in any of the four teams remaining, I would to see Juve win. It's always fun to root for the underdogs.

I am a Man United fan and I am impressed that w are back in the Champions league. Of course, I am rooting for my team to win the Champions league since LVG is very experienced coach in such competitions. He was the same guy that took Netherlands to the World Cup finals twice. Why cant he do the same for Man United?

Highlight of the night; Arsenal beat Bayern Munich 2 nil. I still can't believe it. Can Arsenal finally win the Champions league?

Arsenal have about as much chance of winning the champions league as what Manchester Utd have in my opinion. And that's none.

While it was maybe a shock result to a lot of people in Europe and worldwide maybe, but arsenal can play good football, they just can't play that good week in and week out, and consistency lets them down.

Reactions: dillinger10
I don't see a very clear contender, but I haven't been watching football much this season.
Today Real Madrid was looking decent on the attack, PSG seemed very out of form in my opinion, but I expected a better match.
It's still very early on in the season, we'll have to see how it develops... my team is Real Madrid, but I'm still not sure how well we're doing under Rafa Benitez, our new manager. So far so good, but a little further into the season we'll see it that changes or not.

Arsenal have about as much chance of winning the champions league as what Manchester Utd have in my opinion. And that's none.

While it was maybe a shock result to a lot of people in Europe and worldwide maybe, but arsenal can play good football, they just can't play that good week in and week out, and consistency lets them down.
Being an Arsenal fan must be incredibly frustrating. They have a lot of talent, though also a number of player that are inconsistent or oft-injured, a major problem for winning a competition like the Champions League. I also think they are too light up front to pose any real challenge. In fact, they will do well just to get out of the group stages.

Losing to the likes of West Ham and Olympiacos, only to then beat Manchester United and Bayern Munich would have be pulling my hair out.

I agree, Arsenal desperately need a good striker. Not that Giroud isn't good, but they need a pure striker, someone who goes for goal and does it well. Someone like Falcao, Chicharito, Ibrahimovic, etc...
When they were after Benzema? I didn't think that'd work out very well. He's insanely good, but he's a player that can set up a goal for a teammate, a player with technique, and in my opinion, that's not what they need up front at the moment.

What's even more frustrating for arsenal fans I'd the fact that they have the money available to spend but they won't spend it.

Wenger seems to enjoy having the reputation of being able to pick up young talent at a cheap price and bring them through. While that's very noble, it's not progressing the club further, and teams are catching up with them and passing them.

I am a Man United fan and I am impressed that w are back in the Champions league. Of course, I am rooting for my team to win the Champions league since LVG is very experienced coach in such competitions. He was the same guy that took Netherlands to the World Cup finals twice. Why cant he do the same for Man United?

This is a pretty old thread but reading about Van Gaal brought about some difficult old times for me. It is something that I didn't really felt comfortable seeing him handle the positions till he left the club. He is not the type of manager that we need at the club.