Catherine

Fox121

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
I've been watching a play-through of the game Catherine. It looks interesting, and its a pretty unique game in comparison to a lot of games that are available right now. I also enjoy puzzle games. I'm not sure, however, of what the general consensus of the game is on here. To everyone who has played it (on the Playstation 3): Did you like it? How difficult was the game? Is it worth buying?

Wasn't really thrilled by the gameplay of Catherine. I just feel that it doesn't fit the story and the ambiance of the game. Still, despite that, the game is worth getting just for the cutscenes alone. They're absolutely intense, and funny at times. There are also different endings thus prolonging the life of the game.

If you love puzzle games, that's definitely a plus to get Catherine.

Wasn't really thrilled by the gameplay of Catherine. I just feel that it doesn't fit the story and the ambiance of the game. Still, despite that, the game is worth getting just for the cutscenes alone. They're absolutely intense, and funny at times. There are also different endings thus prolonging the life of the game.

If you love puzzle games, that's definitely a plus to get Catherine.

The cutscenes are great! I'm trying not to spoil the game for myself, though, hence why I'm trying to withhold myself from watching any more play-throughs. The gameplay is a bit weird, though, but I like how you can seemingly interact with different characters, and I like how you have more control over what Vincent does. Also, since you can play based on your skill level, I'm more inclined to get the game. I love puzzle games, but I'm not that good at playing them, haha.

If this is the Catherine game I'm thinking of, then I enjoyed watching all of the cut scenes in addition to all of the different endings one could get. To be honest, it's not usual that I say an English-speaking puzzle game with more than one ending at all.

As a pure puzzle game, I'd say it's pretty fun. I enjoy puzzle games too, but I can't really say how this stacks up to the rest of them, just because I don't play them too often. Like others have said, the storyline is definitely weird, but it kept me interested for sure. I actually was impressed with the storyline. It just felt more 'mature' than most games.

I'm sure you could find it on the cheap right now, so definitely go out and try it. Even if you're not a fan of the storyline, the gameplay is fun enough to keep you interested.

I don't know. The last place I saw Catherine for sale, they were trying to hawk the game used for $30. On the other hand, I think the story line as well as the refreshing of a different kind of puzzle game definitely make it worth that kind of price. I'm still probably going to look for it a bit cheaper elsewhere though.

I don't know. The last place I saw Catherine for sale, they were trying to hawk the game used for $30. On the other hand, I think the story line as well as the refreshing of a different kind of puzzle game definitely make it worth that kind of price. I'm still probably going to look for it a bit cheaper elsewhere though.

Ah.. maybe I was wrong, then. I just assumed it was cheap because of how old it is, but sometimes good games like this that aren't that well known sometimes keep their value because they are harder to find later down the road.

I agree though, still worth the price. I think I paid $60 for it around the time it came out, and I don't regret it one bit.

I had a bittersweet time with that game. The story and cut scenes were great. Some of the puzzles were just frustratingly annoying at times. In all honesty I thought it was strange that it was a puzzle game similar to what clunky said. It didn't necessarily fit the narrative of the story.

I find Catherine worth buying as I found it very fun. The game has is anime styled and on top of a interesting story, there are plenty of difficult puzzles. It can get very difficult at times where you could end up wasting 30+ continues on a single level. Try it out, its a very interesting experience!