CatCF

wijg

Asst Reviews Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Old Same Place
I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the other day. It was an extremely fun movie. I love the worlds Tim Burton creates. There's always just something a little off about them. The music helped create that atmosphere as well. The songs after each kid was taken away were really cool. I may have to get that album also. I thought Depp did a great job with the crazy portrayel of WW. My family and I were laughing almost the entire movie. The kid who plays Charlie was solid too. We recently watched Finding Neverland which both Depp and the Charlie kid were in. Overall a very fun movie. I found myself rarely thinking about the original as I was watching. If you are not a big fan of Depp or you are a psycho fan of the original, you might not like this one. Other than that, I can't see how anyone couldn't enjoy this movie. But then again, I'm from Holland. Isn't that weird?

ah yes Goldmember, the shameful cashin as Michael Myers further prostituted the Austin Powers character, I just saw Kung Fu Hustle, I was pretty damn suprised how much I liked it

Oh I absolutely loved Kung Fu Hustle. If you liked that you shoul check of Shaolin Soccer - it contains almost the exact same cast and is written and directed by the same guy (who also plays the lead in both movies. Hurrah for spontaneous dance numbers!

While I have not seen either Kung Fu Hustle or Shaolin Soccer, I do concur with Katie's idea that there should be more spontaneous dance numbers, except in real life. One of my college friends thought it would be funny if we did that near a tour group. I wish we had acted upon that idea. Oh well.

wijg said:
I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the other day. It was an extremely fun movie.

I don't understand all these remakes. Willy Wonka was fine the way it was. Why not take an average/bad movie from the past and remake that? Don't mess with the classics Hollywod.

I saw Kung Fu Hustle in the theaters. I thought it was groovy. Not that many people were there when I saw it, so hopefully it did better in other places. KFH's sense of humor was just right. If Shaolin Soccer has the same kind of wackiness, I can't wait to see it.

Last edited:
While I am not that excited about all the remakes either, I wish they would look for new stuff like what my dad and I are writing, I did enjoy CatCF. Sometimes it is cool to see the Star Wars Special Edition effect done well. In other words, seeing what new technologies and film techniques can be brought to older ideas. I liked the set designs and the Glass Elevator interpretation. Plus Tim Burton's perspective is usually interesting.

After seeing the previews for King Kong, I am more interested in seeing the film. It relates to the above idea as well. I am not superexcited, but the movie doesn't look like the complete stinker I originially thought it would be.

i'm looking forward to kong as well, although I'm a fan of tenacious d, i'm not looking forward to jack black being in this movie though, hopefully he pulls a rabbit out of his ass and actually does a good job

wijg said:
While I have not seen either Kung Fu Hustle or Shaolin Soccer, I do concur with Katie's idea that there should be more spontaneous dance numbers, except in real life. One of my college friends thought it would be funny if we did that near a tour group. I wish we had acted upon that idea. Oh well.

i used to dance in tha aisles at walmart.