Castle Crashers

DearSweetAru

Registered
Nov 19, 2014
I know it's on XBOX too, but I only really place the PC version.

It's a fun, goofy game that I enjoy playing when I need some time to unwind and want to do something relatively easy as a brain break. It gives me enough of a challenge to feel satisfied, but not so much that I feel overwhelmed, so it's the perfect game for creating the chillaxed mood.

I have already beaten it, but only once since I'm determined to run around and collect all of the animal orbs. This is, of course, impossible to do on the PC because there is at least one animal orb only available on the XBOX version. The only ones I have left all involve collecting a lot of gold. Once I get all of them, though, I do plan on beating it again. Either beating insane mode or beating it with other characters to unlock them.

Anyone else play or have played? How far have you gotten?

I have primarily played on XBOX, but boy is this a fun title.

I was really skeptical of the game at first. I have played a bunch of hack n slash titles in years passed, and while i have enjoyed them a lot... They get stale fairly quickly because it is just so darn tedious and repetitive. However, Castle Crashers doesn't exactly get that way, not early on anyway.

Playing with friends is great fun for everybody. Everything from playing through the levels to battling in the arenas, to collecting all of the weapons and animals! And the hardcore difficulty really poses a challenge as well. Unfortunately, I haven't played it too much lately. I beat the game, never beat it on hardcore.... but did get all of the animals and a large majority of the weapons! I wanted to level up a bunch of the DLC characters before I stopped playing, but so many other great titles have been released since that I just don't have time for everything! Lol.

Great titles coming out is more or less why I stopped playing. lol Sometimes I jump back into it when I really just wanna unwind, but with so many new titles coming out I have a hard time going back to a game I already beat even though it has replayability.

I was skeptical too, but a friend insisted I try it out and it was one of the few games my old computer could handle. It got really addicting for awhile and I was annoying everyone with it thanks to how much I kept wanting to play lol. It is such a fun, easy to play game that's challenging enough to be engaging but still simple.

I want to play Battleblock Theater at some point, which is made by the same people. I just keep getting distracted by other games!

Castle Crashers is an awesome game, but it lacks much replayability. I didn't have to hit the level cap when I cleared the final boss, I think I was at around level 27. Thereafter anything else is just for the sake of completion (collection all the weapons, pets etc.)

Yeah, being a completionist is where the replayabilty comes in. When it comes to plot and whatnot? Definitely not. It's a fun game to kill time with, but definitely not something to be taking too seriously. If ya don't care about being a completionist, then it's just a fun game to have for parties or to kick back.

well replay isnt that bad considering the crazy amount of people you can play as. all with different powers.

and i NEVER tire of seeing the shitting deer. and i never will.

On that note Castle Crashers and Battleblock Theatre are on sale (cheaper if you buy them together as the Can't Stop Laughing Bundle) on Steam.

I'd hold out till Winter Sale I guess, but it's already a good deal if you're impatient.