Can you gift mobile games?

Zyni

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Is it possible to gift mobile games to other people? If so, how does it work?

Also, if you can suggest any good games that would be worth gifting, please post them here. I don't play much on my phone (PC gamer who loves MMORPG style), so I'm not too familiar with what's really fun.

I don't think you could gift specific games but you could just give them gift cards. As for game suggestions, if you're on iOS and you like MMORPGs then you should definitely check out. Vainglory. It's well made and surprisingly easy to play on touchscreens. The controls and graphics as well as the mechanics were really well thought out and the developers are very active with listening to community feedback.

Exactly. You can send them Google Play Store gift cards or iTunes gift cards (which I believe work for apps purchases). There's no way to simply gift someone a specific game, although that wouldn't be a bad idea to implement in the future. It probably just adds annoying overhead for Google and Apple, which is why you don't see that feature available now.

It depends on the platform you are on. If you are on Android, Google Play does not support gifting, as far as I know. However, iTunes allows app gifting by email, so you could try that if you are on an iDevice.

Cross-OS gifting (from Android to iOS or vice-versa) is impossible.

I do not own any Windows Phone device, so I can't speak about that.

I'm not sure about buying the actual mobile game app and then sending it to someone else as a gift since I've never encountered that before.

But if it's just in-game purchases - like weapons, access, life, time - then you can do that with Google Play as long as the giftee is in your google+ circle and the game actually allows for that functionality to be done.

Just make sure that you and your friend "Request Notifications" turned on.