Bully: Scholarship Edition

sorrowscall

Great Hero Rosayln(Okage)
Registered
Nov 9, 2014
Have you ever found a game that you just didn't feel like playing because it looked completely uninteresting to you, only to find out in some way or another that it's a game you really like? This happened to me with the Bully: Scholarship Edition game. Someone mentioned liking it and told me a bit about the actual game content (not what the trailer purported) and I ended up watching the walk through. Turns out it's a good game. At any rate, has anyone had the same issue with this or really any other game?

Bully for me was one of my favorite games of 2006. I can't believe it has been 8 years since this was released. The games was incredibly fun and unique in concept. It is easy to see why the reviews were so glowing at the time. I always wished Rockstar would have put out a sequel to this. I haven't thought about Bully in a long time but I may have to bust this out whenever i can next find some free time.

Bully was definitely a great game. It really is one of my most favorite from 2006. It was unique in the way that I've never seen anyone make a game with a protagonist who bullied others in a private academy. Rockstar are known to make great games, and this is without a doubt a great game.

Thanks to this thread I did some digging around to see if there was any news about a potential sequel to Bully and I was pleased to learn that there are indeed plans for a sequel, a ps4 exclusive to be titled Bully: Beverly Hills. Needless to say, I am excited for this!

How is a game from 2006 considered a "classic?" I never even heard of this game before ...
I am surprised that you have not heard of Bully. Of 69 reviews compiled at MetaCritic, Bully scores 87/100 IGN scored it 8.9/10. Gamespot 8.7/10. Bully is the number 5 best selling game on the PS2 and sold more than 2 million copies.

The same exact thing happened to me with this game. I remember thinking that it just didn't look that interesting, then, I play it one day at a friend's house house and ended up really liking it. More recently, I had the same feeling about GTA V. Now, I know everyone loved GTA so I didn't think it was a bad game, I just thought that it was something that I didn't particularly feel like playing. Then I played it for the first time about two weeks ago and now I can't wait to get my own copy.

Bully was a very clever game that was so much more than it seemed from its cover. It was critically acclaimed by many reviewers, and fans responded very positively toward the game. I didn't play all the way through it, but my small taste of the game a positive one. I wouldn't mind playing it again today in order to finish everything that I missed before.

How could you have not liked this game when you saw it? It's pretty amazing, especially after you start getting into the game and start unlocking cool things, like the Vespa (which is totally the best thing about the game). I had the same kind of response as you with Farcry. It didn't really look that great, but once I played it at a friend's, I discovered it's awesome gameplay. Now it's one of my top game series.

How could you have not liked this game when you saw it? It's pretty amazing, especially after you start getting into the game and start unlocking cool things, like the Vespa (which is totally the best thing about the game). I had the same kind of response as you with Farcry. It didn't really look that great, but once I played it at a friend's, I discovered it's awesome gameplay. Now it's one of my top game series.
I had the exact same reaction to Far Cry. At the time, it wasn't really a game that was on my radar but once I saw the actual gameplay, I was immediately sold. Far Cry 3 was one of my favorite games on the PS3. I have held off purchasing Far Cry 4 simply because of my backlog of games though the reviews I have read, both here, and elsewhere suggested that there really wasn't much difference between Far Cry 3.

Bully: Scholarship Edition is currently on sale on the Xbox Marketplace for $3.74. A great deal for those that haven't yet played this game.

It's also available for voting under Steam's Community Choice Sale, with an 80% discount if it wins!