Browser-Based Games

Wish the were more browser games like Clash of Clans is on mobile. Anyone know a good time sink?

Browser-based games are awesome for a quick time killer. Sometimes you just don't feel like committing yourself to an hours-long gaming session. Newgrounds flash games were my options for a quick-fix. Must have spent years on that site.

most of the games on kongregate.com are pretty decent,
but if you want top notch stuff, go to cardhunter.com. best in browser game i ever played
and it looks amazing.

Grizz, gonna try that website and give some games a go. I've been looking for a while for some good browser based games.

YKongregate is the best site for browser games. Their badges and achievements also give the player a sense of accomplishment I personally haven't felt anywhere else.

I love that website and I'd definitely spend more time there if it weren't because I have to study and work.

Just tried kongregate and it looks pretty decent. Definitely spending some more time there now :D !

I play browser based games every once in awhile, but I usually don't play the same one more than a couple times. I use them to waste time more than anything else. I'd honestly rather play console or PC games, but nothing is quicker than starting up a browser game and then quitting whenever I move onto the next activity for the day.

I'm not playing browser based games anymore. Earlier I was playing games like Tanoth and similiar, but it's not for me at all. The best was kadokado - service with a lot of mini flash games, friendly and awesome games which are like time-killer ;)

One of my favorite old-school games on a web browser is RuneScape, absolutely loved that game. I also found a game called Heroes and Generals on Steam that can also be played through the web browser, looks like a very fun game from watching some people on youtube. Shame I can't really say anything about the game itself since it's not working for me.

Let's see, I can think of one, but I can't remember if it was called Everquest or Adventurequest, or Dragon Quest. I do know it was aimed toward the younger generation and likely had a lot to do with Flash since it looked like the game was made in Flash. However, mostly, I remember playing browser based mini games on sites like Cartoon Network or Neopets.

i definitely played AQ way back in the day. my account apparently still works oddly enough, even like.... 10 years later.

also, i think its amazing that browser games can still be so great after all this time.

like, some game studio spent 5 years and millions of dollars to make some amazing looking game like god of war, but on the flip side, some guy in a basement made a flash game and more people play that.

i find that very interesting that graphics are not all its cracked its up to be.

Along with the kongregate/newground recommendations, I've liked the Attack on Titan game. And Tome used to be browser only; it was advertised by some streamers, but I didn't like it that much. It's on steam now, so I don't know if they are still supporting the browser version. And, uh, cookie clicker? :p Most browser games are just time killers for me so I don't really play them consistently or anything.

I used to play AdventureQuest Worlds a long time ago. What it basically is is a 2D WoW clone, but with unique lore that doesn't take itself too seriously.

I also used to play Transformice a LOT. It's a platforming game where you and others are mice and you have to get to the cheese and in the mouse hole, while trying to be first and being helped by a "shaman".

MY experience with browser based games have generally been average. Games like runescape were great when they first started out, but as time passed, it got surpassed by other flashier games with better graphics, less grinding and a greater overall experience. I think the biggest problem holding back browser based games is the limited programming and design options they have. You can't exactly put BF4 graphics on Google Chrome. Many of these browser based games also end up adopting a freemium model which can be very irritating if you want to avoid pay to win scenarios.

and now they have stuff like quake online in a browser, and also almost every room ever can now be played online.

oh man, if you told 12 year old me you could do this all for free, he would be freaking out.

I used to play browser based games a lot in few years ago. I used to go to miniclip and just play all types of games. They are free to play and you don't need to sign up to do so. It is annoying when some of these websites require you to sign up to play games.

and now they have stuff like quake online in a browser, and also almost every room ever can now be played online.

oh man, if you told 12 year old me you could do this all for free, he would be freaking out.
It's too bad that Quake Live has been down due to DDoS attacks.

My current favorite browser-based game is Super House of Dead Ninjas. There is something incredibly satisfying about throwing the shuriken's.

isnt there an online naruto game?? i could have sworn. ill have to try SHDN, i do like me some browser games.

i seem to remember indestructo tank was my favorite back in the day.

I used to love playing the browser-based games, my only problem is now a days, I only like games that are open world, or at least are 3d. From time to time I can find a cool game to play though. One game I do like is called Citizen Burger Disorder, you can play with other people and its quite enjoyable.