Best Villian/Boss?

scleigh215

Registered
Sep 21, 2015
I think the old classic video games did the big boss the best. What game had the best villain or big boss?

Since I played the old games as a kid, I have to say that for me, Dr. Robotnik from Sonic was the one that annoyed me the most. In the early levels, he wasn't so hard to beat, but he definitely got harder as I progressed in the game. I also might be a little biased because he also kind of scared me when I was a kid. lol

What about you guys?

I really appreciate the theatrical presentation of the fight against Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII: after defeating Jenova in the game's penultimate fight, its crystalline womb splits open, the score shifts gears to a truly epic and unprecedented orchestral chorus, and Sephiroth is revealed in his final form as something akin to an angelic being! By far my favourite moment in any Final Fantasy game!

As honourable classic mentions: Metroid's Mother Brain (especially in Super Metroid), The Legend of Zelda's Ganon(dorf) (especially in Ocarina of Time), Castlevania's Dracula (especially in Super Castlevania IV and Symphony of the Night), Mega Man's Dr. Wiley, Super Mario Bros' Bowser, and Chrono Trigger's Lavos.

The enemy or big boss in Double Dragon was my favorite. I can remember some of his moves, the big scorpion kick will send you flying to the other side of the screen. That was on the NES Double Dragon. A very, very cool game during the late 80s.

I remember Heihachi from Tekken 2 who was not a friendly guy even to his own son and was more about tough love and had to prove it to be loved by him, and yet he takes care of Jin his grandson which was kind of strange to see in the game story. There was Dr Neo Cortex who is the villain in Crash Bandicoot and wants the crystals in the second one and tries to get all tough and mighty when really Uka Uka is pulling the strings and uses weapons to try and harm you in the process. I remember in Tombraider the original one where you are fighting the centaurs who attack you and can be a tricky fight, as they will try and fight you at the same time and was a hard mission for me and enjoyable as well.

I really appreciate the theatrical presentation of the fight against Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII: after defeating Jenova in the game's penultimate fight, its crystalline womb splits open, the score shifts gears to a truly epic and unprecedented orchestral chorus, and Sephiroth is revealed in his final form as something akin to an angelic being! By far my favourite moment in any Final Fantasy game!
I second Sephiroth as one of my favourites, though I prefer his Kingdom Hearts incarnation, specifically the first one. Fighting him one-on-one was absolutely epic in that game. You really got the sense that he was a ridiculously powerful warrior.

I'll also throw in Kefka from Final Fantasy VI as a favourite. His weird tower formation built to a fantastic climax, especially when Dancing Mad started to play. I get tingles every time I move to that final tier.

The most memorable boss fights for me have been from the Legend of Zelda series. Ever since the very first game on the NES to the last one released, these are games that were defined by the boss fights, especially before the Internet. From feeding bombs to the Dodongo in the first Legend of Zelda, to getting bumped off the platform by Moldorm in A Link to the Past, to finally beating Ganondorf the Thief, there have been so many amazing and memorable boss fights.

I'd have to say Kefka from FFIII(VI). Just the way they developed his character and bent on becoming all powerful caused the destruction of the world. Plus he didn't care what it took to get that power killing so many people, destroying cities and kingdoms.

I think the best villain for me would be jecht the father of tidus in final fantasy 10 in ps2, because it's kinda epic when I learn that the final boss would be his father, but it is also a fun twist of story in final fantasy 10 I didn't actually thought about it while I was playing final fantasy, other than measter Seymour which I really thought would be the boss villain.

Tyson for me in the classic family computer game punchout. This game was among the first game i played as a kid. I spend lots of time and effort to finish the game. How i miss it...

My personal pick would probably have to be Sigma from the Mega Man X series.

Sigma was my first experience with the concept of multi-stage bosses. You reach the ending of the final stage, and it's time to duke it out with the big man himself. But first, he sends his robot pet to test your skills. After putting the puppy down, Sigma comes at you like a ninja with his saber weapon, dashing and jumping all over the place. At this point, there is good chance you're going to die if it's your first time playing.

After you triumph over him, you think the boss battle is done and you wait for the end credits. But then, Sigma attaches his head to a giant mech, becoming Wolf Sigma. This stage is supremely difficult. It was honestly one of the hardest boss battles of my childhood, but to this day remains one of my favorites.