Best mobile games that can be played in little time

Zyni

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
If you're just looking for something to kill a little time, like waiting to pick someone up or sitting in a waiting room, what's a good game to play? I don't really want anything that I have to play daily or even on a regular basis, just something fun to kill a little time.

I was really into 2048 for a while, good puzzle game, plus its free. Bubble Breaker or one of its clones is pretty addictive. Tetris is always a classic. If you want a game with a little more substance, there's a game in the iPhone store called Shining Force. It's a port of an old SEGA turn-based RPG. Since it's turn based, you can put it down and not worry about anything happening. I played it a lot when I worked a shift with a lot of downtime; it's well worth the $.99 price.

Oh, nice. Thanks GSK. I didn't even think about Tetris! Always a good one, but I can get hooked on mindless fun like that in a hurry, lol. Shining Force sounds like a good fit. I'll definitely have to see about that one.

Have you tried Geometry Dash Lite? It's strangely addicting. You're basically a geometrical shape (lol), and you have to jump over obstacles by tapping the screen. When you die, you start over. The courses become muscle memory after a while, or you can close your eyes and play by just listening to the music if you really fancy a challenge (don't do this...).

The only problem is that you can't actually win unless you invest some time in it, and you can't really get distracted as you'll die and start over.

Try old-school arcade games! Most of them are actually pretty fun, and they have basically infinite replayability. Since there isn't really any progress to be made within the game, it's great for a little 5 minute gaming session. Tetris is one of my absolute favorites!

A nice game to get is Kami. It's a simple puzzle game modeled around the "Change colors to match, then change those colors to match more" style (does that have a name?), and very nice both visually and audibly. The only drawback is that it costs $1.99

I enjoyed playing vector. Its nice and smooth with a lot of cool levels. Another game would be a candy crush type of game. Those are really addicting. Also maybe bejeweled. It depends on the type of games that you like.

You could try Daddy Long Legs, it;s a game with no long commitment, so you can play it for as little as two or three minutes and still have fun.

Whenever I have a couple of minutes free and would like to play a game it, I often count on Bejeweled Blitz. It's a fun little game much like Jewels, but the graphics are nice. Also, it won't stretch on very long because every game's duration is only one minute.

These sound good, so thanks for the suggestions. I don't mind paying for a game here and there. I just want stuff that doesn't require a commitment. I have enough time invested in my other games, so I just want these for time killers. Great replies. Much appreciated.

Those Flappy Bird clones are pretty fun. Banana Kong's a fun game as well. You run through levels and dodge stuff while picking up bananas. Easy to play, and a great way to pass the time!

Flappy Bird, 2048, and Candy Crush are good ones. If you like learning apps, though, I'd suggest DuoLingo. The app helps teach you any of the following languages: Spanish, German, Italian, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Irish, and Danish. You play games involving grammar and vocabulary, and once you pass each section, you move on to harder levels. The app also reinforces you to practice what you've learned. You can also play against friends of strangers, and you can 'buy' power-ups with Lingots- a currency used to buy them.

You mentioned that you don't want to play games that you have to play on a daily basis, so DuoLingo might be a bit more involved than you probably want it to be, but it's something to think about. I'd recommend the first three games before DuoLingo, though, if you want to keep it simple.

My favorite game to go to whenever I have to kill a few minutes is Miniclip's 8 ball pool. It's great for wasting just a few minutes playing a few matches and the great ing about it is that you get to play with anyone around the world so every game is different and therefore it never gets old. The only drawback is that you'd need an internet connection to really enjoy it but otherwise I think it's one of the best games for maximizing the use of touchscreens.