Best Free PC Games

DwarvenWarfare

Registered
Mar 22, 2015
Everyone loves free. Don't they? I posted recently about free Xbox games (goo.gl/WK4Kfj) but this is a much broader subject matter. There are thousands of free games available for the PC. I have been searching for some good games for a while. Steam, the popular game store, has a whole free to play section. I have installed a phew of them and tried them out but haven't been very satisfied with them. I did find a game called Robocraft, the aim is to build, drive and or fly a Robotic vehicle. I became addicted to this game within minutes but have 'played it out' would recommend it but looking for something to fill my lost addiction. Anyone know any?

Well, there are the obvious great F2P on PC, such as LoL, Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2. Another good one is Hearthstone, one of my favorites. I have always loved trading card games, and Hearthstone does it perfectly online.

Path of Exile is a great action RPG/Diablo clone with MMO elements, completely free and no pay to win stuff in it. I would really recommend that. Nosgoth is also pretty fun, but as I only played the late-ish beta, I can't speak for the pay to win aspect of that game.

I second Path of Exile. It's one of the best Diablo clones you can find that's completely free. Plus its pretty indepth if you like games that require you to plan ahead.

Neverwinter Nights is a pretty good MMO that's completely free as well. Last i played it was still in Beta, but most of the payment options were mostly for cosmetic choices, or to allow you to rename your character and such.

Everyone loves free. Don't they? I posted recently about free Xbox games (goo.gl/WK4Kfj) but this is a much broader subject matter. There are thousands of free games available for the PC. I have been searching for some good games for a while. Steam, the popular game store, has a whole free to play section. I have installed a phew of them and tried them out but haven't been very satisfied with them. I did find a game called Robocraft, the aim is to build, drive and or fly a Robotic vehicle. I became addicted to this game within minutes but have 'played it out' would recommend it but looking for something to fill my lost addiction. Anyone know any?
I do like playing free games since you just need to have your PC and then you download the game and your all set. I like some free games for allowing you to earn money if they allow you too. However these games are tougher to make real life profit with like Goldentowns I gave up on that game after 12 long frustrating months.

Well like like world of tanks and it is free to play. The game is an online game but you have to install the game client on your computer. The graphics is amazing and you can never get bored because you play with different people each battle.

I think the best free game is dependent upon the personality of the player. For instance, I enjoy creepy things and thus games like Ib would be the best non MMORPG PC game with a single player function that I would enjoy. However, someone else might enjoy the free to play version of Dwarfs 2 if they were so inclined to like that genre.

My favorite free game, hands down, is War Thunder. It incorporates arial and ground combat really well. You can play with a plane, or with a tank, there are even game modes where players on the ground are in tanks and players in the air are in planes, so you can actually bomb tanks driven by other people, how cool is that. The vehicles are of the WW2 era and the community is pretty good excluding the ragers and trolls, but there are very few of them.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Lost Alpha is pretty fun and I've been playing a lot of Fistful of frags on steam.

I have tried Amazing adventures on Origins site and a game where you find clues and also, discover treasure and quite nice to play and are timed on how long it takes for you to find everything. I also enjoy playing Sparta a free online game War of empires more of a game where you build and fight wars and also create defenses and also do farming and mine gold and quite enjoyable as well at the same time. On the Steam channel tried Overlord and quite funny and you control the minons to either destroy or save things and enjoyable as well and the game is easy to do and good to pass the time.

Some people might argue that it isn't really free, but I think Hearthstone is one of the best free games available right now. For the uninitiated, it is a card game, similar to Magic the Gathering. It is very approachable to new players, but it has enough depth for even the most hardcore gamer.

What about Tales of Maj'Eyal? It's a roguelike and the standard version is free. Apparently it's one of the best roguelikes too.

Steam has a very solid selection of games, DotA 2 and Team Fortress 2 are really well-received, and there is no pay-to-win element since they make money solely off cosmetics.

Usually the best F2P games are on Steam. One game that really caught my eye is Path of Exile. Really good Diablo-like game. I really suggest you try it out.

Yeah, Steam is really the best place to go. Also to add that if you like questing, many current MMORPGs are free2play and the pay2win aspect only really kicks in at endgame. You can play a game like SWTOR for 50 hours and it will feel like just a really good RPG and you can do minimal or no interaction with other players. LOTRO, DDO are others that are similar, where you can play a lot of time and have a lot of fun before you reach anything that requires paying.

For all the Diablo fans - Path of Exile is like Diablo 2.5. I know that many people don't like Diablo 3 (at least in the beginning) so PoE could be their "savior".