Bad Time to Buy a PS4?

Demon_skeith

Registered
May 6, 2015
Do you think right now is a bad time to buy a PS4? My friend was thinking about getting one but I told him he should wait as Sony is about due (in my opinion) to announce a new version PS4 like a slim or something like that with most likely better specs or at least more storage space. Even if the new version isn't worth getting, the current PS4 would get a reduce price at least for stores to sell off the old stock.

Do you think now is a bad time to get a PS4 or think a new version might be announced at E3?

It's only going to be a minor update if it is announced at E3. Sony can't change the hardware too much or developers are going to be working with two slightly different consoles, and that would be a problem. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a PS4 right now if I wanted one. The price is decent enough, and some high profile games are about to come out. I wouldn't wait.

I don't think it's too much of an issue to be honest. I already have a PS4 and they're definitely worth buying. Maybe even more so now as the price is finally coming down a bit and it's getting a decent list of games now aswell.

If a slimmed down version is in the horizon I would wait for that. How much would that knock off of the retail price? Fifty or one hundred bucks? If that happens I would buy one for sure.

That's exactly what I was waiting for. I was waiting for PS for to iron out all the kinks before actually purchase the system. This is exactly what happened when I purchased my PS3. The better ones came out right after I purchased it. And mine ended up being a defective. The same thing happen with my Xbox.

The PS4 is pretty much all sorted now. There have been a few software updates already and more to come I would have thought. At the moment it's about as good as a system can get I'd say.

I think that you should get the PS4 only because there are going to be high profile games that will come out soon enough and it's worth getting them. If you're worried about wasting money on the console because of how pricy it may be, I would recommend waiting until Black Friday to buy it when it is on sale. A lot of other people will be too focused to buy games and other things that you may be in luck to get it then. But if you don't want to wait that long, then I'd definitely getit now. There's no harm in keeping up with your consoles!

At the moment, there's next to no games for it; just games that are coming out or games that haven't done well in the race for good video game ratings. If I were you, I'd wait a while longer until the 'new ps4' price goes down or until you can get a fair price on a used one from your local gaming store or provider.

I have been thinking of getting a PS4 myself; I'm waiting to see what differences, if any, will exist in the PS3 and PS4 versions of Persona 5. It might just be enough to make me feel its worthwhile to get the new system.

In my opinion, consoles are ALL about exclusives. If there's at least one exclusive that I want, then that makes owning the console "worth it" to me :)

I'm still waiting to see an exclusive that I want on PS4, but Persona 5, may change my mind. If however, if the differences seem minor between both versions, then I'll just stick with my PS3 for now.

I'm waiting to get a PS4 myself till KH 3 comes out, but Persona 5 will most likely make me break down early to buy one sooner.

Any discounts to the current PS4 for when the newer model comes out would depend on the stores.

It also depend on what games you like playing aswell. If there's no games out for it at the moment you'd like, then obviously that's gunna make a difference.

I don't think it's exactly a bad time to buy now but it might be better to wait since there might be some new announcements coming this year. That, and there really isn't that much games on it yet anyway. I'm more in favor of finishing backlogs in the old console, personally, but if he doesn't have any unplayed games and is ready to move on then it would be an okay decision.

Reactions: sorrowscall