ARMA 3 is Free for the Weekend

jayres

Registered
May 5, 2015
As the title says, ARMA 3 is free on steam until the end of the weekend. If you haven't played the ARMA series, I seriously suggest giving it a go, especially if first person shooters are your thing.

For those who haven't heard of them before, the ARMA games bring a degree of realism and strategy that I haven't found in any other shooter. About as far from Call of Duty as you can get without playing The Sims.

There is 50% off of the purchase too.

Heres the link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/107410/

Hmmm.. I don't get why there's both an option to play it for free and a 50% off option. Does that mean it's only free for 2 days from now, then I have to buy? Like a trial period of sorts?

With that said, I was thinking of trying this game anyway. I had some of my friends from Battlefield recommend it to me. It seems quite interesting since it looks a lot more strategy-oriented and advanced than Battlefield, which on the other hand focuses more on the action and fast pace. It'd be my first time playing this sort of game, let's see how it goes.

I always seem to miss Steam's offers since I play Origin games a lot more often (I missed L4D2 when it was free :(), so thanks for the news!

Exactly, the free time is just a trial period, but this is a quality game and once you play for a few hours you should be willing to buy it at half off.

Reactions: Axel
Exactly, the free time is just a trial period, but this is a quality game and once you play for a few hours you should be willing to buy it at half off.

I see. Well, I better try it as soon as I can so I won't miss the sale.
Download, begin!

Well is is free to play for the weekend and after that you have to buy it. I have tried AMA 2 before but didn't like it much but this one looks good where graphics is concerned. A game like this would be best to play online because it looks boring playing single player offline.

Major improvement over Arma 2 my friend. The models don't look as jerky and the interface is overall improved. A lot easier to navigate as well I couldn't recommend it enough. If you do try it out King of the hill is a hell of an entertaining multiplayer mode. Also believe it or not it can be played single player and still be just as fun as multiplayer. Just check out the mods I'm sure you can find something to your liking. I suggest the Hitman mod, its a neat tribute to the Hitman games.

Woah, thanks for the heads up mate, I wanted to try the game out long time ago before buying it and I think this might be the perfect opportunity to try the game out then get a sweet deal on it as well. Kudos, Bohemia!