Are you pissed that most of the Microsoft exclusives come to PC?

pcgamer

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
I don't game on a console exclusively. I hae a PS4, Xbox One as well as a powerful gaming PC. So whenever a console exclusive comes to PC 0r vice versa, I don't get pissed unlike others. But do you guys get pissed off when you see that happening?

Well, I am a PC gamer, and I have been one for many, many years. So if a game is exclusive on PC, that does me no harm, and I can still play and enjoy it. I am, however, pissed when some games I really want come out as Xbox or PS exclusives. For example, Forza Horizon 2 is only available on consoles, and there is never going to be a PC version, most likely. What I would give for a PC version of Forza Horizon 2, with all the next-gen features.

Truth be told, my computer isn't good enough to play any "good" games on it, so I don't worry much about PC gaming. I play most of my games on my Xbox 360, though I do occasionally go back to my PS2 (yes, I know I'm outdated when it comes to my consoles).

Concerning the question at hand "are you pissed that most of the Microsoft exclusives come to PC?", no. I can't even understand why someone would be pissed about it. A good portion of computers run on Windows, which is a Microsoft production. It makes sense that the majority of Microsoft exclusives would come to the PC.

As a PC gamer, I think it's a great thing. Microsoft is Microsoft at the end of the day and games rarely come out the Mac(the last really good one I can remember is Left 4 Dead 2). I think we should get some PlayStation exclusives on the PC as well.

As a PC user I'm inclined to say that PC usually gets the short end of the stick instead, there are many console ports, be it Playstation, Nintendo or Xbox, that never make it to the PC. Most of the time I'd be happy to see a PC release during the same time as the console release (case in point: GTA V has still yet to be released for PC)

Whenever console owners whine about their games being ported over to the PC I see them as being overly entitled. What's wrong with having the game on more platforms, does it affect your game experience in any way?

No, I don't really get upset or angry about it. Microsoft owns both computers and consoles so it makes sense that they'd want to put one on the other and vice-versa every now and then. I honestly am not a fan of console exclusive gaming as a market strategy, you make less money that way. So, not only can I not be upset, I'm usually rather happy because I can play games on a pc that I can't play on a console if I don't own that console.

So many exclusives are just "console exclusive" now, and it does make sense.

The Xbox One and PS4 are in direct competition with eachother, but the PC is its own little market..

I actually get pretty irritated when they make console exclusives! I bought a gaming PC to game on my PC. It's pretty annoying that so many games are console exclusive. Although I have an Xbox 360, I don't like gaming with controllers. I'm just no good with controllers. Not to mention, a lot of PC games are release for other consoles. MMORPG's are really the only PC exclusive games being released now a days. But even many of those are going to other consoles as well. Bah. I still like my keyboard and mouse best!

That's kind of the point...
Somehow I doubt their intention is simply to annoy their customers. I don't mind buying games and I'll buy a console if I need to, but I still don't like using controllers. If I could use my keyboard and mouse with the games, I'd be perfectly fine with console exclusive games.

Actually, a lot of the reason they went to console exclusives was to combat piracy and to promote more sales of their own consoles. Not to irritate their customers. :rolleyes:

Absolutely not. Microsoft comes out with some pretty good games, so why get mad just because more people are able to play it?
Playstation comes out with AMAZING games that I totally wish would become available to Xbox.

Personally I think it's kind of sad that people get so territorial about game exclusives these days. As a community of gamers we should celebrate anytime a game reaches beyond a single platform. While I understand the point of system exclusives (to drive up sales of a particular system) and I don't imagine it changing any time soon, I really wish a time comes when games are available to everyone across all platforms.

By fighting for exclusive titles we are doing nothing to really help ourselves as a collective community.

I don't get pissed, because I am a PC gamer, but I don't get pissed when a PC exclusive game finds its way towards the console market either. I think it's sad that people have started to actually engage in "wars" over what platform is better and started being territorial about their games, just so they can justify their purchases. In what way does it help you if you can play a game and another can't, just because he is on a different platform than you?

I think that exclusive games should disappear, but then again, they are the selling points of consoles, aside from accessibility, so I don't see that happening to soon.

Well, what pisses me off the most, is that the PC is left behind too much, compared to its Playstation and Xbox "little" brothers. We don't see many - good - games being developed for the PC, and even though those who have powerful ones would experience a even better experience than those who play on consoles, they simply can't.
Looking from the developers' side, it's understandable that we are left behind due to piracy, but they should simply invest more in their security rather than punishing everyone else for the actions of a few. It's unfair, but I've got used to it already.