Are you liking there fact that most of the Japanese games are coming to PC?

pcgamer

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Despite the arrival of new gen consoles, the PC is stronger than ever. It's an unstoppable force that is going really strong since its inception. Japanese were late to recognize that, but better late than never. They have finally started to show some interest in PC gaming market. Koijama has decided ti bring MGS 5 to PC along with Ground Zeroes. What do you think about it?

I think that this is good to see some Japanese games going to the PC. This would show that consoles are not the only game systems that should have Japanese made games. The PC should have them on their which I do not see why not. I think that MGS5 should be on PC which it would be a good game to have on PC to compare to Splinter Cell Blacklist.

The whole Japanese anime/gaming culture is becoming mainstream in the west and it's just logical that Japanese PC games will be imported as well. I think it's great, some of these games are extremely creative, you just have to stay away from the really grindy ones. More games and cross-country influences are never a bad thing.

I think this is a good step that the Japanese gaming industry has made. They've been on the gaming industry for quite a while now and it's high time that they make some for the PC. Because I agree with what you've mentioned, I think PC gaming will never be out of style.

I like it a lot! I'm not even sure why it took them this long to get into the PC market... i'd certainly love to play games like Danganronpa on my PC. Heck, put it on my phone! Haha.

It is exciting news. We can play the Japanese games not confined to the consoles any more. This should broaden our gaming experience. I like to play on the pc platform. Hopefully, there will be game mods develop for the Japanese games in future.

I'm happy that it is because as well as being a fan of gaming i'm also a fan of anime which originates from Japan. With western gaming, most of them as least to me are hero vs villain, and the story line is basically boring until I reach the end. I'm glad more Japanese games coming to the western market I feel like there will be more of a story I can get into so when I reach the end of the game I won't feel like I wasted money on game that I could have gotten anywhere but more like I gained a good memory that i'll more than likely play again.

Definitely, I've bought many Japanese game releases, including FF, Valkyria Chronicles, and doujin games like Exceed and Mitsurugi. A cool bonus is that the Steam Trading Cards/backgrounds/emoticons from Japanese anime-styled games are incredibly popular and command a high price on the market. I've probably gotten a few more games off selling them :p

I think this is a good step that the Japanese gaming industry has made. They've been on the gaming industry for quite a while now and it's high time that they make some for the PC. Because I agree with what you've mentioned, I think PC gaming will never be out of style.
It was in risk of losing its place in Japan, a home for Sony and Nintendo. Their presence can be felt in that country. So it's only fitting that people prefer consoles more than PC games, but it's a welcome sight to see the changes taking place finally.

It was in risk of losing its place in Japan, a home for Sony and Nintendo. Their presence can be felt in that country. So it's only fitting that people prefer consoles more than PC games, but it's a welcome sight to see the changes taking place finally.
Some of those changes are good too. For the pure PC fanatics this would be a plus to them. I would be happy too for having some Japanese games come to PC.

A cool bonus is that the Steam Trading Cards/backgrounds/emoticons from Japanese anime-styled games are incredibly popular and command a high price on the market. I've probably gotten a few more games off selling them :p

Wow, you're right! I checked only one J-game, Trails in the Sky, and those cards going for an upwards of $3! I've got to get in on this; i'll need some steam credit for that holiday steam sale!

Wow, you're right! I checked only one J-game, Trails in the Sky, and those cards going for an upwards of $3! I've got to get in on this; i'll need some steam credit for that holiday steam sale!
^^ Happy to help, actually I find that to be a main reason why I buy Japanese games nowadays. Not sure if it really counts, but Metal Slug 3 just released steam trading cards as well :p

I guess since console games are not popular in japan and pc games are then I think it was a good idea. The reason why they are just now starting to make japanese pc games is because they know that the pc community is growing and that means it will be worth their time to make the pc version.

I guess since console games are not popular in japan and pc games are then I think it was a good idea. The reason why they are just now starting to make japanese pc games is because they know that the pc community is growing and that means it will be worth their time to make the pc version.
I don't think that they are coming to PC market just because the gaming community is getting stronger in Japan. The fact is, it's getting stronger everywhere else, but Japan.