Are simulator games getting old?

techbeast34

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
Ever since Surgeon Simulator, a lot of games have been released like "Farming Simulator 2014," and even "Goat Simulator," and I personally think it's starting to get a bit excessive in the simulation game genre. There are just way too many out there, and it's just getting a bit too repetitive. What about you?

Some may get repetitive but most of them don't. The goal in most of the simulators I play is to become rich so you can buy more items in the game. After I've become rich and have everything in the game I usually stop playing by then, because I feel that I completed it.

Goat Simulator was a fun game which many people requested for. It's made by the developers of Sanctum and offers a good deal of mindless, silly gameplay. The game was successful and spawned off many other simulator wannabes, I think it is these which are ruining the genre.

For example, this terrible game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/331200/

The only simulators I've played are from Maxis ... I've played every SimCity to date and every The Sims to date as well and I still love both franchises. I've never really found an interest in other simulators. I did try things like SimTower and SimCopter back in the day and never really enjoyed them.

Wouldn't say old at all, you're just not the target audience. I'd play a flight sim when learning to fly a plane if I'll become a pilot for example. I don't know one person who plays sims for fun. The management games like Sim City and Tropico are something entirely different, I love playing those games and managing a fake city! :p

Stupid and broken simulators were getting a lot of views and purchases, so I think that's why there are so many shitty simulator. But they're kinda too late as people got bored of them.

Stupid and broken simulators were getting a lot of views and purchases, so I think that's why there are so many shitty simulator. But they're kinda too late as people got bored of them.
That's not true at all, look at the top bestsellers. Simulators right now are outselling even call of duty on the German amazon, there is a market for these games, you're just not it.

Not at all. I personally haven't played a single simulation game, but I have watched jacksepticeye play. It's always entertaining to see him play mods and other things. There must be a large number of people who love either playing, or watching simulators, because there are 100s if not 1,000s of lets plays of goat simulator alone.

Not at all. I personally haven't played a single simulation game, but I have watched jacksepticeye play. It's always entertaining to see him play mods and other things. There must be a large number of people who love either playing, or watching simulators, because there are 100s if not 1,000s of lets plays of goat simulator alone.
Well Goat Simulator is not really a simulator, it's more of youtuber bait made to be entertaining to watch for a bit but it's not really worth playing. Those kind of games are more entertaining to watch people's reactions to then play.

Goat Simulator is not an actual simulator of anything. It's a spoof, a parody of try-hard simulator games, like Farming simulators, or Train simulators and such. It's a silly, crazy, wacky game that's not trying to be serious, it's trying NOT to be serious. It offers maybe 2-3 hours of originality, but after that, it will get boring and you'll have explored everything. It's worth trying out and buying on a sale, but for the full price, it's not.

I do not think that simulators are getting old, but I have only played and seen a few. Having a lot of games from one genre is not necessarily a bad thing, as you have many choices, like FPS's. Even though there are lots out there, there are still few very popular ones. As long as there are not multiple simulators for the same topic, I do not see a problem with lots of them.

I may agree with you on this one, because the simulator games are getting really repetitive and the number of them is increasing each second lol. There are just too many out there and most of them are really bad, not playable. But some simulation games are never getting old, for example Sims. I would never get bored of Sims :D

Well Goat Simulator is not really a simulator, it's more of youtuber bait made to be entertaining to watch for a bit but it's not really worth playing. Those kind of games are more entertaining to watch people's reactions to then play.

Fair enough, what do you conider an actual simulator? I remember being in star base, and playing a realistic plane simulator. Maybe dayz as a realistic zombie apoc simulator. Sims is a good point Jurew2 . Sims is extremely popular and is literally a short term for simulation.

I love simulator games. They are my absolute favorite. Yes I agree that they are becoming repetitive but I love the concept of them and will be sad if/when they fade out. They are the only games I have enjoyed playing since I began gaming and I would really miss them!

I haven't touch any game simulator in a long time. The only thing that would get my attention is maybe a flight simulator or something to that effect. Being a goat does not sound appealing to me.

I can't say that simulation games are getting old, because I don't think that it is. I think what's happening is that there are a lot of simulation games that are being released now that doesn't make sense anymore. Goat Simulator? I can't even imagine playing that. I've even seen this game called "Grass Simulator." I don't even want to think about it.