April Fool's Success

wijg

Asst Reviews Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Old Same Place
Anyone pull any good pranks today? I"m currently at work, and I've heard a few cheesy ones about declining credit cards that people should've seen a lightyear away but fell for despite the fact. I've never really been good at pranks, so I don't have any personal ones to share. However, I know that there are better men and women out there than me. Who has a story to tell (preferrably regarding April Fools)?

Here's what Stan did last year:

Guys and gals...I have some news I must impart on you all. We've all heard about the massive amount of hits mygamer has gotten over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, my ISP informed me today that they are unable to hold the traffic any longer. I called around to a few other ISP's, to see if we could relocate the site there, but costs are almost triple from what we were buying. It's with that realization, that I must announce the last few days of mygamer. I've truly appreciated all the hard work and effort put into the creation and distribution of the site, and I'm sure all your talents won't be wasted, as there are great opportunities elsewhere. I ask you all that you please give me time today to try to find an alternative, and ask that you not message me, or email me for more info. I'll post it all as soon as it becomes available. Thank you all, and may mygamer rise from the ashes again someday, should I not find an alternative. If there are any suggestions, please post them in the forums for me....especially if you have any good ISP contacts.

I called our one of our staff members at 12:30am and told them in a sad voice, that I sold myGamer to Ziff Davis. And that as of next Friday the site and all content will be turned over to ZD and all staff let go.

Was quite interesting listening to his reaction:)

-Stan

I just fucked with my friend's head all day with pointless lies.

"Hey, I quit smoking!"
"Really?"
"No. April Fools!"

"Hey man. The boss (though I said his name) says I get to leave early."
"What? You've only been here two hours."
"Yeah, I know. April Fools, stupid!"

"So, my sister (who worked there and quit ... I also said her name as well) is coming back to work here."
"Whoa, cool."
"Nope, she's not. April Fools, bitch!"

It went on like that untill it got boring, so, pretty much all day.

I also took a screenshot of my mom's desktop, deleted all her shortcuts and then posted the screenshot as her wallpaper to make it look like all her shortcuts were still there. She got pissed, lol.

We had a field day at work about this, The Assistant manager went on the intercom and told people at 9pm that the store would be closing in 5 minutes, we close at midnight, I'd go to the parking lot, write down the license plates of cars that belonged to people who worked there and we would page them and tell them their lights are on, The assistant manager and I had a very loud argument, in front of customers and then I screamed I quit and walked out, 5 minutes later, I was back, and the icing on the cake was when I clocked out, some associates talked me into getting an xbox from one of our locked cabinets and running outside the store while they chased me, we successfully pulled it off but didn't expect about a dozen customers calling the police and reporting about a person shoplifting, we had to stop after that.

anybody fall for the egm April fools joke, anybody who doesn't know, Electronic Gaming Monthly ran an article that anybody who preorders the new Legend of Zelda Game would recieve a free copy of Wind Waker remade with the new mature looking zelda graphics, did I ever look like an ass when I went to my local EB and gamestop asking about it.