Anyone else watch streams?

Greenwelch

Registered
Dec 4, 2014
I spend a lot of my time watching streamers. For League of Legends, I enjoy watching TSM members (Bjergsen especially) an ex-member TheOddOne. If noone entertaining is stereaming, I'll watch summit1g if he's streaming since I enjoy his viewer interaction. He's also been playing MK8 and he's pretty bad at it so it's even more entertaining to watch.

What kind of streamers do you watch?

None! Why would I waste my precious life and time, to watch some other bloke stream his game play?! It's pathetic and non-productive. I only watch other players to get tips and tricks to help me accomplish some feats in my own game playing.

People these days with little ambition and low-esteem, simply can't believe they can be greater than they assume they are at the moment, so they waste away and live through other's instead - oh well, not my problem.

Wow. That comment by valiantx though, way to bring the mood down! I love watching streams. Sometimes when I don't feel like committing to a TV show, I can open a stream and just watch some gameplay and have a laugh or two. The best streamers, in my opinion, are the ones that aren't just in it for the fame and money -- but instead, have a genuine love and appreciation for gaming and hanging out with people. One of my favorites lately is Tessachka. Quite a gem!

I do actually watch streams a lot and it got me streaming aswell. Its a lot of fun playing a normally boring grind together with viewers. Answering questions having fun. Its definately been a postive impact on my social interactions.

I'll generally watch a stream either because I want to get better at the game I'm watching or because I enjoy the streamers personality more so then I care about the game itself. League of Legends has really been the only game I've watched for the first reason and I usually opt for watching the LCS Leagues they run more so then individual streamers. When it comes to streamer talents I generally watch AngryJoe, LiBrizzi, ProJared and Opened.

I do watch some streams sometimes but I really like to spend more of my time just playing and enjoying some games myself. I normally watch streams when I am trying to gather information on how I could better my game but other than that I really do not watch them.

I watch a lot of speedrun streams, been streaming myself too. It's been Binding of Isaac: Rebirth for me lately.

I watch a lot of Dota 2 streamers and sometimes tournaments, love the game and have a few favorite people in the scene to watch.

A bit of a hostile response from valiantx, but I understand where you're coming from. For me, it's not about having low self-esteem; that's totally irrelevant. As I stated, I watch streams for entertainment, and when I have nothing productive to do. I occasionally watch a stream for maybe an hour and then do something else.

I never used to watch that many streams but I've found a few games I've been obsessing over lately, so much so that I even find myself enjoying watching other people play it just for fun and also to learn a few new tactics. I used to watch a few here and there, but most of the time I just liked watching people screwing around with old retro games.

I remember watching a stream of some guy playing GTA V before it came out, even though I had promised myself I wouldn't watch streams and spoil the experience of exploring the game myself... I sometimes watch Playthroughs on YouTube though.

I watch competitive streams for games like DotA, CS:GO and Hearthstone, especially if I don't have time to commit to a full game. It's a pretty fun alternative to actually playing the game, especially when you see epic comebacks or big plays being performed by the pros!

Can't say that I really watch streams loyally but I have watched a few to get a better idea of what is going on in the game before playing it or I will watch it sometimes to see what they have done before to pass this part because I can't figure it out...

I sometimes watch LoL streams, but usually I just play the games myself. The most entertaining stream I've watched was the infamous TwitchPlaysPokemon. That stream was so hilarious and the community was pretty eccentric, worshiping a fossil and nicknaming all the Pokemon. It was pretty funny whenever the trainer entered the Pokemon Center because that meant a Pokemon from the team could be released. I loved how creative people got and how a whole story was created just from this stream. After the first game, it lost its originality, but that was a memorable part of Twitch's history for me.

I watch competitive streams for games like DotA, CS:GO and Hearthstone, especially if I don't have time to commit to a full game. It's a pretty fun alternative to actually playing the game, especially when you see epic comebacks or big plays being performed by the pros!
I've been watching some of these recently as well and I agree they can be very exciting. I also love seeing comebacks happen because it makes for a lot more hype whenever a team is already very down and yet somewhat still manages to win at the end.

I spend a lot of my time watching streamers. For League of Legends, I enjoy watching TSM members (Bjergsen especially) an ex-member TheOddOne. If noone entertaining is stereaming, I'll watch summit1g if he's streaming since I enjoy his viewer interaction. He's also been playing MK8 and he's pretty bad at it so it's even more entertaining to watch.

What kind of streamers do you watch?
I watch streamers only when i want to get tips on how to improve my own game.Other than that am better off playing by myself and setting my own standards.

Very rarely, but sometimes it is eye opening when you see some of the better players playing games you play. I am always amazed watching WOW pvp and how those guys make it seem so tactical and precise.. when I pvp, it is just mashing the keyboard lol

Oh certainly. I watch streams pretty much every day and usually throughout the entire day. It's something to have up on my second monitor while I work/play/whatever and it's not something I have to pay attention to at all times, but still very enjoyable. Yeah, I love it. :)

I do it in Dota a lot, the Dota game itself makes it very nice to watch games, you can even be a coach for your team and help them and I think eve play their character if needed, you can spectate and they delay the spectator to so they cant cheat for their friends so that is very nice. Watching other games helps you to better understand the game and improve you own gaming in the game. SO I love to watch others playing so i can learn more about my own skill sets.

I enjoy watching the occasional Starcraft Two stream, Team Fortress Two stream, and maybe even a Smash Bros. tournament. I watch Starcraft streams because Starcraft 2 no longer works on my computer. I watch TF2 streams because it is currently my favorite game, and the odd Smash Bros tournament to see the masters at work.