Anime/Manga

gillman

PC Editor
Staff member
Jul 19, 2005
Probably at Work
www.varms.net
Any other big anime and manga fans out there? What are you guys currently watching/working your way through?

Right now my two main animes that I watch weekly are:

Log Horizon
Cross Ange

Manga is approaching too long to list, but Titan and other things.

Hmm some of my favorite anime would be Stein's Gate, Kokoro Connect, Fate/Zero and The World God Only Knows. During the current Fall season I'm watching Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works (definitely a must-see, awesome fight scenes) and Amagi Brilliant Park (interesting MC)

Isn't Cross Ange that pervy show with lesbians? That show is weird. And M-rated... not just because of the lesbians.

The last anime I watched was Attack on Titan. Last manga was Titan as well. Can't wait to see how Season 2 of the anime turns out; there are a lot of scenes in the manga that were very wow, very yikes, and very hmm, and it'll be interesting to see how the production team handles them!

Hmm some of my favorite anime would be Stein's Gate, Kokoro Connect, Fate/Zero and The World God Only Knows. During the current Fall season I'm watching Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works (definitely a must-see, awesome fight scenes) and Amagi Brilliant Park (interesting MC)

Read the entire Manga of WGOK. So good. I was upset when it ended simply because I loved the story. I totally forgot to mention Amagi. I am watching that as well.

Isn't Cross Ange that pervy show with lesbians? That show is weird. And M-rated... not just because of the lesbians.

The last anime I watched was Attack on Titan. Last manga was Titan as well. Can't wait to see how Season 2 of the anime turns out; there are a lot of scenes in the manga that were very wow, very yikes, and very hmm, and it'll be interesting to see how the production team handles them!

My friends and I refer to Cross Ange as the best worst anime. It is like watching a late 80s action flick, if you are thinking about it you are missing the point. That show is brutal. People die, graphically, in every episode. Also, yes to the lesbians. If you are able to enjoy dumb awesome it is amazing. Be warned it is awful and amazing at the same moments.

Hi, I'm an anime and manga fan, too! However, since I got busy with work and studies, I haven't been able to watch new animes these past few days. My favorite manga, though, is Xxxholic. I love the graphics and I also love the fact that it gives its readers a strong moral lesson each time.

Read the entire Manga of WGOK. So good. I was upset when it ended simply because I loved the story. I totally forgot to mention Amagi. I am watching that as well.

TWGOK would definitely be among my favorite romantic comedy mangas, the story was really unique and I really liked Keima as a character. Since I was rooting for Haqua, I found the ending to be quite rushed in my opinion and I feel that there wasn't sufficient resolution for many of the girls :/

Atm I'm reading Yamada and the Seven Witches, it's not too bad, with one of the artists from Fairy Tail doing the art!

TWGOK kind of ended in one of the only ways that it could. If you think about it there was only two solutions that all of the girls would have accepted, everyone or no one. Harem ending (which I was hoping for), would have instantly caused issues with half of the girls. The path he took was the one that would hurt the most at first but let them function later in life.

Hell, he altered his own past to make sure that their future was safe. He was kind of doing everything for them with no regard for himself the entire time anyway.

TWGOK kind of ended in one of the only ways that it could. If you think about it there was only two solutions that all of the girls would have accepted, everyone or no one. Harem ending (which I was hoping for), would have instantly caused issues with half of the girls. The path he took was the one that would hurt the most at first but let them function later in life.

Hell, he altered his own past to make sure that their future was safe. He was kind of doing everything for them with no regard for himself the entire time anyway.
Yeah, the ending was logical, but it was just a bit too rushed. There wasn't any resolution to Haqua and all the girls he didn't pick at the end, would have loved to see a few more chapters.

I would have loved for it to go on forever, mainly to explain like 20 things that suddenly happened at the end when you figured out who was who and what was going on--that shit was kind of skimmed over. But at some point you just kind of have to come to terms with the writer leaving things how he wanted it.

Just be glad it isn't fucking High School of the Dead where the author wants nothing to do with it anymore because it became "popular" and now there is pressure on him.

Nichijou is a nice, comedic anime to watch, which is a nice change in comparison to all the gory animes that have been popular recently /cough attackontitan. At times the show is incredibly deranged, but it's hilarious. It's a slice-of-life anime, but basically a bunch of weird things happen and the outcomes are impossible to predict. It picks up your mood. There are only two seasons of the show, though. I'm also trying to get into Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but it looks really soul-crushingly depressing so it's been difficult for me to attempt to watch it. I'm not a fan of depressing/gory animes, but a lot of my friends want me to watch Madoka Magica, even though it'll most likely kill me on the inside for eternity. :/

Nichijou is a nice, comedic anime to watch, which is a nice change in comparison to all the gory animes that have been popular recently /cough attackontitan. At times the show is incredibly deranged, but it's hilarious. It's a slice-of-life anime, but basically a bunch of weird things happen and the outcomes are impossible to predict. It picks up your mood. There are only two seasons of the show, though. I'm also trying to get into Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but it looks really soul-crushingly depressing so it's been difficult for me to attempt to watch it. I'm not a fan of depressing/gory animes, but a lot of my friends want me to watch Madoka Magica, even though it'll most likely kill me on the inside for eternity. :/
If you liked Nichijou I would also recommend the Daily Lives of High School Boys. Instead of girls it's about a bunch of guys instead (less moe :( ), but it contains the same recipe of silly banter and slapstick comedy over school life.

If you liked Nichijou I would also recommend the Daily Lives of High School Boys. Instead of girls it's about a bunch of guys instead (less moe :( ), but it contains the same recipe of silly banter and slapstick comedy over school life.

Less moe? NO THANK YOU.

Also I Am A Hero is amazing. If you end up catching up with the series you are going to be sitting around until they translate the next batch of manga, but it always seems worth the effort. I highly recommend it.

Wooaaaahh I actually have seen the first few episodes of the Daily Lives of High School Boys! I totally forgot about that show. Thank you for mentioning it :D I actually enjoyed the first episode, but I guess I forgot about it over time. I think I saw the episode about a year ago...but I'll definitely try to start re-watching it.

Also: has anyone else watched Princess Tutu? It's more from the early 2000's, but it's really interesting. I never finished the series, though. I tend to stop watching animes and forget about them over the years. It really has become a bad habit.

Fuck my life. A friend just introduced me to Madan no Ou to Vanadis and I can't stop watching. Crazy good, even though the "bad guys" seem to be the classic anime trope of being "no human is this evil, ever" bad.