Android vs ios for game play

daniel hancock

Registered
Mar 9, 2015
I have both android and an Iphone which I play games on. I cannot decide which is better for game play though! I have just got the new Sony Xperia z3 compact and the game play on it is amazing, but some of the apps available through the app store are brilliant!

I think weighing it all up, android is slightly better just due to how many games are available for free. Which do you think is the best and why?

iOS for me, many games available on iOS are not available for Android, or have less features. Just look at Hearthstone, it's been out on iOS for so long and now it's still on available for android tablets...

You know, even though I consider myself to be a big android fan, I have to say that gaming on ios is smoother with most games. A lot of games are made with ios first and then adapted to android, so maybe that's why

The IOS interface is just so much smoother whenever it comes to gaming. This goes with apps that you download and this also goes with emulators as well.

I own both Android and IOS devices. I think for overall quality of games, I would go for IOS - but yeah, for the most part, you're going to pay money for these games. Android has some good games, but there is a lot of junk, too. I know a lot of people don't like that most things on IOS are not free, but in my opinion a lot of times you are paying for quality. Not that every paid game is good, because it's not. I'm overall glad I have the option to game on both!

I'd say if anyone is looking for quality, then go for iOS, as there is WAY less shovelware there. The reason for this is the high publishing tax on iTunes (100 dollars) as opposed to the way lower Google Play one (25$).

If you're looking for a greater variety, go for Android. I would also recommend Android if you really like customizing your phone, but that's something you can do with a jailbroken iPhone too.

I tend to always go for my Iphone for game play I find it just seems to run the games more smoothly than my android but I guess its just personal taste. I like that with my Iphone its attached to my Ipad as well on many games so I can move between the games on devices. I guess it's just often more what we are used to

I don't feel that much of a difference in performance as long as the device is good enough to run the games smoothly. I personally prefer playing ios since a lot of my favorite games are on it but if they are available on android too then I wouldn't mind playing on those devices either.

We have a few devices with iOS in our home, but I prefer Android. I get annoyed with the iTunes interface, having to authorize the computer the limitations with all of that. I also like the bigger screen most Android phones have (I love my Galaxy S4.) And like many others have said, I really like free games.

To be honest it's not the operating system that is to be looked at but the processor chip that comes with the phone, you might say that android runs smoother or iOS is faster but what makes the a game not lag in any phone is the processor or the CPU of the phone. Well you could argue which OS takes less RAM because if an OS is taking up more than half of the processor's capacity then it would result to a poor gaming experience, so in the end it comes down to which of the two takes up more RAM of the phone.

I guess I would prefer android because there are a lot of android phone which is more cheaper than IOS phone, well most games are playable in both platforms, for the specs there are some android phones that have an exactly same specs with other IOS phones.
Batteries are almost the same, there isn't really a debate about this because some android phone can do the same thing as IOS phone for a cheaper price of phone.

I have only recently gotten to try out Android and I have to say I was impressed with the amount of free games on it. I do to think I have seen much of a difference in performance on either platforms but in terms of variety and options I think Android takes the cake. Most of the games I like are available on both so I can't complain. Although I would say that I have heard that there is a lot more hacking going on with Android games but I don't have personal experience with it since I play much more on iOS. I do often hear MOBA players complaining a lot about hackers on Android and I never hear of such things on ios so that may be a plus.

I am not really a fan of IOS so I would choose android. For me it is more user friendly, easy to handle and a lot of free games is out on the google play store. I heard that most of the applications or games in IOS is not free and you need to purchased it if you really want to have it. The only good thing that I admire the most of IOS is its security features. Despite of that I would still choose android phones instead of IOS phones.