And yet another new addition...

Turkus

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Kansas City
Visit site
All the good new staff topic titles have been taken.

'Ello, 'ello.

Bobby Bierley here, reporting for duty in the PS2 reviews department. Just want to say that I'm excited to be a part of this esteemed team of button-mashin', dual-wieldin', turn-basin', experience-point hoardin' hardcore gamers/writers. Or, writers/gamers as the case may be.

Right now I'm working as a scriptwriter / video editor for a production company in my hometown of Kansas City. I'm recently married to a wonderful woman who has been my best friend for years, someone who understands my insatiable need for real-time lighting and, ohhh, force-feedback. She is the eternal Select to my Start button. The Game Genie to my SNES. The...PowerGlove...to my...oh, c'mon, no one liked the power glove.

Right now I enjoy TV, movies, and writing screenplays, in my spare-time. (Not necessarily in that order.) Someday I hope to be working full-time on a creative team in a big (or small) game developer somewhere, pushing the envelope of cinematic gaming in new ways. I think it's incredible that games have come as far as they have in the minds of the general (read: non-gaming) public, but let's not get frustrated if we still aren't taken seriously. It wasn't until films had been around for a few decades that they were treated as actual pieces of art, and not just entertaining distractions. Video gaming--and I mean real, modern video gaming--is still largely in it's infancy. But I think that we are going to witness some amazing advancements in the next couple of decades--not only in technology used in the games, but in how they are percieved by those who, as yet, do not understand them.

Hmm, where did this soapbox come from? Well, I suppose this post would be right at home in an editorial section, rather than as an introduction to me...and yet, then again, maybe this is the perfect place for it.

So long for now, and happy gaming.

Hey Bobby, welcome to the site, and nice beefy introduction as well. I'm also fond of the game/screenwriting pursuit as well, but have no brotherhood at this time (I'm growing one in the backyard but keep forgetting to water, drat).

Regardless, good to have you on!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

A revolutionary three-act screenplay by Charlie Kaufman's lesser known bastard half brother in law's cousin's postman...me.

Nice to have you on the team, Bobby.

Stevie