An excellent question.

Jasconius

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Tampa Bay
How does a game (World of Warcraft) that is using virtually identical graphics technology to its years old predecessor (Warcraft 3) recieve a graphics score above say..

Lineage 2, which isolates enlessly more polygons and more realistic textures. Which got an 8 in graphics, even though it "looked like a million bucks" and "had breathtaking scenery"

I'm not seeing the math here. WoW runs on a GeForce 2 without issues and is "Simply Phenominal". Yet, a game like Max Payne 2, which has practically photo-realistic environments garners only an 8.

FANBOY-ISMS.

Heh, yea, they blew the score on Lineage 2. Man, that game didn't deserve as high a score as it got. The graphics, while done well, are barren. Using the smooth button a few times while creating a polygon great graphics does not make.

I was going to write a long defending argument for WoW, but realized that it's best summed up by saying everyone has their own opinion.

Having played neither Linage II or WoW (refuse to pay for another Blizzard game until I hear SOMETHING about Diablo III) I can tell you a good review, especially when talking about graphics, will take what type of game it is into mind. Grapically you cant compare Max Payne and WoW, they are two completely diffrent types of games. Max Payne's graphics wouldnt work well with WoW and vice-versa. It would be like comparing Viewtiful Joe with Battlefield 1942. It just cant be done.

Except Viewtiful Joe is a 2D game, not a 3D game.

There are several MMO's that blow WoW out of the water graphically, including Lineage 2.

It's no fault of NCSoft for not putting enough flava in their landscapes, afterall, they had no power to change anything from the Korean version.

And even then, it looks nice, it has a good atmosphere, and the character models are impressive, if not for lack of options.

WoW uses the same graphics technology as WC3 except blown up a bit so it looks right from a 3rd person view. Extremely low polygon count = not 10. Especially considering that even these days companies like Dell and Gateway offer PC's with real graphics cards, there is no reason to design your game for GeForce 2 MX users out of the box.

Lineage 2 is a very great addictive game but the only thing I dont like about the game is that you have to pay a monthly fee of 14.95. I dont think the game is that good to pay that much for but id say about 9.95 a month at the most. A game that is coming out in feb that is almost like lineage 2 is guild wars and it is fun because ive tried the beta event no monthly fee required. It also has good graphics. I am really looking forward to this game. :b1:

Lineage 2 is an addictive game ive played it since it came out but I had to stop because of the fee. I played on and off but that game is for hardcore gamers that have lots of time. Believe me its hard to get out of that game because of all the friends youve made. But what also makes the game not fun is that people buy adena (that is money to buy items in the game) well they buy adena online at sites and use it to buy weapons that is like really hard to get and armor. Lineage 2 id say has the best graphics for pc that I know of. The scenery in the game is MAGNIFICENT and the world is so big lots of stuff to explore,different types of enemies including other players. The best part in the game is the world, the scenery, and the huge casltes that clans and alliences fight over and control for 2 weeks (real time) max or earlier if they are defeated within that time period. The castles control the castle town prices on items and other stuff oh and castle lords can have dragons to fly on all around. One thing to keep in mind is if you raise the prices ont the items to high lots of people are gonna get mad and form alliences to throw you off the throne. last thing to talk about is there are races like: Elf and elf mystic, Dark elf and dark elf mystic, human, human mystic, orc and orc mystic, and dwarve

My main char: azpec lvl 61
clan: Elwan
pet: lvl 58 strider or stryder
server:bartz
castle held:giran castle
race:human

by the way do you stil play lineage 2?