America's Army, who's getting it ?

UPDATE:

Looks like the game may not even be released until sometime in July...

Also, They have up'd the price from $19.99 to $39.99... I thought the intent for the 19 dollar price tag was to compensate for all the delays...

I'm really not like'n UbiSoft at the moment...

I wasted $100 on 2 copies of Rainbow Six Lockdown (from UbiSoft), which was delayed and delayed, just like America's Army is being handled now...

I believe I will rent every UbiSoft product from now on before I even think about buying, including America's Army, if it's ever released...

If anyone has heard any thing different on AA release, please post...

Peace,

Why on earth would you want to play a game that the Army uses as a recuiting tool. That is worse than a cartoon Camel selling smokes to kids.

Oh! The army! It is just like Xbox... except you die.

mlvassallo said:
Why on earth would you want to play a game that the Army uses as a recuiting tool. That is worse than a cartoon Camel selling smokes to kids.

1) because it's good
2) because it's cheap (or free)
3) because so what if they use it as a recruiting tool?

A) AMerica's Army is not a good game. The free online game wasn't good and the Xbox port is not good. And yes, I have played them both.

B) It sounds like the price of the PS2 Version is 39.99. That is cheaper than 49.99 but there are other things I can spend 39.99 on. Like Pre-ordering Phantom Hourglass .

and C) I believe I explained this. Why would we be ok with the Army advertising to kids in a game when the real Army is NOTHING like a videogame? If I were a serviceman in harms way everyday I would be fucking insulted by that. Now, how is that different from games like BF2 or COD or other realistic FPS? Because the government is not making money off of those games or using it to enhance recuitment. Seriously- that would be like Phillip-Morris sponsoring a game about smoking. Nobody would let them do that.

You are right Spudy- everybody disagrees with me.

http://1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3136391&did=2

Everybody.

Also... Used? So you quoted me a used price. The PS2 version, which I refrenced, will be full price when it drops. 39.99.

And last but not least- THEY ARE USING A GAME TO GET TEENAGERS TO SIGN UP AND LINE UP TO BE KILLED! Maybe if I use all caps you will see the problem with that. There is NOTHING wrong with being in the service and laying your life on the line, but there is a major problem with misrepersenting the situation by using a videogame and telling young men and women: Hey! It is just like this kids! Lets blow up Brown People!

Just because you don't get that doesn't make me wrong.

And, the game sucks. Did I mention that?

You're quoting EGM? They fail. Especially when their sister mag, CGW, gave it a 9/10.

And the game is $20 for the Xbox new, it's just released in limited quantities. Not that it matters since the PC version is free.

Wow...somebody's anti-military. Are you also against the commercials? The recruiters in high schools and colleges? Not that it matters, since when they're 18, it's their call. And I get it. You're just wrong.

And hate to tell ya, but the game has decent media rankings for both the console and the computer installments.

mlvassallo said:

I'm way to old to be recruited, plus too, I've already proudly served 6 years in the Navy (EW)...

Anyways, I'm in need of a good (doesn't have to be great) FPS and if AA ever gets here I will have my fix...

Peace,

"Wow...somebody's anti-military"

Somebody is anti-lying to people. And using a videogame to tell recruits "This is what the army is going to be like!" is one of the biggest lies they can be told. Right next to telling the reservist "You will do one tour and then be home with your family." Because they are in their fourth right now.

Also- EGM fails? AHAHAHHAHAHHA. You are a silly person.

Yeah, EGM fails. They are consistent failures when it comes to reviewing. Case and point-

Suikoden 3
Suikoden 5
Dead or Alive 4
Apparently, America's Army.

I mean, cmon. Lying? They aren't impressing people to join.