America's Army, who's getting it ?

OP3 NinjaMan

Registered
Apr 30, 2006
In your head...
www.operation3000.com
America's Army, who's getting it ?

It's due out on May 30th and it's going to be a great FPS, just woundering if anyone is planning on getting it ?

I'm looking foward to it myself, well, looking foward to it for around 6 months (with all the delays...LOL)

Peace,

The X-box version got slammed in reviews, and from message boards I looked into, it seems that it was well deserved. It is my understanding that the PS2 version is near identical to the X-box version, so this is probably one I will pass on. (I think my next online shooter will be Urban Chaos: Riot Response

SeanXor said:
The X-box version got slammed in reviews, and from message boards I looked into, it seems that it was well deserved. It is my understanding that the PS2 version is near identical to the X-box version, so this is probably one I will pass on. (I think my next online shooter will be Urban Chaos: Riot Response
It was held back after the Xbox reviews (almost six months) so that Ubi could work out all the bugs for the PS2 version...

And since it was delayed 3 times, they are going to release it for the low price of $19.99, how could you go wrong getting a game at that price...

I've played the PC version, pretty good machanics and fun to play, I can wait to see it on the PS2...

Hope you'll give it a try...

Peace,

shysta said:
Hmm...twenty bucks. Imma have to check that out.

What are the main feautures on the game?
No crosshairs....

Your opponets don't light up when you scope them, very real gameplay...

It's going to be 8vs8 compitition online, great to keep the lag down...

Check out the official America's Army website: http://www.riseofasoldier.com/us/

Hope to see you there...

Peace,

I didn't realize it had been retooled after the x-box release, nor did I realize how low the price would be. Gosh darn it, now I have another game to buy. Thanks a lot!

If I do get it I'm going to cut an X out of paper and tape it to my TV because I HATE it when you don't have crosshairs (MGS3, in particular).

SeanXor said:
I didn't realize it had been retooled after the x-box release, nor did I realize how low the price would be. Gosh darn it, now I have another game to buy. Thanks a lot!
Great to hear, we'll see you there...

spudlyff8fan said:
If I do get it I'm going to cut an X out of paper and tape it to my TV because I HATE it when you don't have crosshairs (MGS3, in particular).
I did the same (black dot) for KillZone, very nice to no-scope with the sniper...

Peace,

Can't remember where I heard this.. but I heard there was some sniper training mission where a target only pops up for a couple of seconds once during a 48 hour period.

spudlyff8fan said:

OP3 NinjaMan said:
Great to hear, we'll see you there...

I did the same (black dot) for KillZone, very nice to no-scope with the sniper...

As much as I hate not having crosshairs I hate adding dots/crosshairs even more.

i thought thts y its takin them so fuckin long to bring the game out cause they r putin cross hairs on oooo i got a bad feeling about this this is game is probly going to suck major ass but o well thers always refunds if not pon it hehe

OP3Cursed said:
i hate dotters so damn much.....we had a huge problem with that in Black Hawk Down
Cursed,

The only problem I have with the dots is when I'm trying to watch the news, always looks like the news caster has a bad black head... You know me though, I need all the help I can get when it comes to shooting.... LOL

"Where are the frags, I'm rushing in, who is with me ?"

Rapter, lay of the F-Bomb Bro... This site seems like a mello place, unlike GB, so just chill, enjoy, and post like you know something, cool ?

Peace,

Cursed,

Just comfirmed it, America's Army has been pushed back again, this time to June 27th...

My thinking now is it could be another UbiFailure like Lockdown was, I'm glad that the price has droppped, I won't be out a ton of money if AA is a flop...

Peace,